SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

An Interesting Event

CA Kate z9
11 years ago

I had something happen yesterday at Walgreens pharmacy about which I think you should be warned... since it is a national chain.

The Pharmacist told me, " Your insurance company wants us to do a review of all your husband's drugs to make sure they are compatable. Can he please come in to discuss?"

I explained why DH can't come to the drug store to discuss his medications and that they would need to talk to me.

Oh, but I can't do this since I don't have his aurthority for me to do so. I explained that I have all the proper POAs to do so. Well, I would have to have him fill out a HEPA form, and bring in his medical POA for them to copy and put in his file.

Something about all this put a niggle in my brain, so when I got home I called Blue Shield and asked if they had requested such a review. The answer was "NO!" they would never do this.

So, just what was Walgreens trying to pull? They wanted me/us to turn over what I consider private information to a large corporation that I hardly use. (As a matter of fact I have been moving all of our prescriptions to another pharmacy where our co-pays are less expensive. This one prescription is the last one at Walgreens.) Of course it was also suggested that I move all of our prescriptions to Walgreens so all info would be in one place. HAH!

Anyway, watch out if any pharmacy tries to pull this on you and check with your insurance company first to make sure they actually requested such a "review".

Comments (22)

Sponsored