SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindymouse_gw

MIL Fading?

cindymouse
17 years ago

Hi all,

Haven't visited here for awhile. My MIL lives with us, for 9 years now. She's 81, with numerous health issues.(osteoporosis, mild emphysema,-was 50 year smoker,vascular dementia-had mini strokes until corrective carotid surgery). About 2 years ago, she was found to have a 5.5 cm aortic aneurysm. For several reasons, she opted not to have the elective surgery (much too invasive, she is pretty frail). So, she doesn't go for ultrasounds-doesn't want to know. I can't blame her.

Since Christmas Eve, when she fainted and spent 2 days in hospital,(all tests and scans showed ok-they didn't re- test the aneursym) she seems to be on a downward slide. Some days are still very normal and good, and then every 1-2 weeks, she'll seem fine and then become suddenly so weak and fatigued that she'll have to spend the rest of the day in bed-sometimes can barely make it to bed on her own. She has Lifeline, but sometimes doesn't think to use it.

There have been many episodes of mild dementia symptoms. Too many to list. Maybe because we're here with her we notice every little thing.

I guess I'm wanting to know what to expect from here-probably a silly question-but does anyone think her aneurysm may be causing this sudden onset of weakness/fatigue, or could it be just a combo of everything stacking up against her.

My husband and I are trying to steel ourselves further for what else may come.

Thanks for any insight.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz