SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ratherbgardening_gw

Finding Doctors

Ratherbgardening
17 years ago

I'm trying to find a better doctor for my mom, one who won't put her on drugs every time she goes in. She has been in the hospital 4 times the last 4 months, all due to drug side effects. The first trip resulted in getting her off the beta blocker, which she had been on needlessly for 6 or 7 years and she was just dragging all the time. She was put on it to passify her worries of having a stroke or heart attack, but was told she really didn't need it at that time. I about strangled the guy. I tried to get it through to her current doc that it was taking away her quality of life and she wasn't able to do much since it left her tired all the time, but he would just put me off. The hospital trip was stressful for her, but at least some good came from it.

She was put on Norvasc most recently and it about did her in after a couple of weeks on it, and she ended up in the hospital again. People 65+ are more apt to suffer side effects from it. I'm worn out from it all and would like to find a doctor who isn't so quick to medicate. She has been tested from head to toe and is doing pretty good for 81, so I think she is lacking some nutrients and needs to exercise to stay in better shape, but finding a doctor to help with that is a challenge. Any suggestions? I know that's asking a lot to find one who will work with her that way.

Sorry for the long rant.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio