Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Under the hammer!!

Posted by Paperless (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 12:49

Feels like i'm sloowly becoming totally exhausted,never enough time in the day to complete all my tasks. too many deaths, funerals and inquests, Being a caregiver for the last 12 years has really hammered me physically and mentally but I soldier on day after day. The straw that nearly broke my back happened on the 11th march 2005 when another vehicle crashed into the back of our motability car as I was stopped in traffic, I heard a screech of brakes and whammo I got a neck injury,lower back injury a bruised kidney and a thumping headache to this day.
The hospital i attended weren't too interested I got 2 paracetamol, no xray no collar. I had to wait 19 days to see my GP at last some interest!! I'm now awaiting physiotherapy for my injuries....Doc can't give a date for assessment or treatment.He did prescribe diclofenac...I hope it helps!!

My car insurers were ok the car went in for its repairs today If i'm really lucky i will get it back in about 2-3 weeks, personal injury compensation has been applied for so again its a waiting game.....How long is a piece of string?

Sorry to rant,I'm glad this forum is here..... at least I know I'm not alone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Under the hammer!!

You had a rough time. I sure hope you get all the physical therapy you need. Keep coming and letting us know your progress, we love to listen to folks.

o
RE: Under the hammer!!

Welcome to the Forum...what a trial for you to endure. Can't say it is always better here in the states, but xometimes it is. Hope you will be on the mend soon. Drop in anytime....lots of good listeners here! DerryW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here