Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is it spring where you are?

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 05 at 10:45

Boy, everyone must be busy lately, it's so quiet and probably you are all outside doing yardwork. it's very chilly here today only 30 degrees and a strong wind off lake superior. yard sales have started -- noticed quite afew when i took matthew to work, but didn't stop at any! even though the car wanted too! now that's it's nice out, what do you like to do when you can steal afew minutes and go outsid and not have to be a care giver forawile?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is it spring where you are?

We've had a few springlike days here in Baltimore, do you have spring up there, or just leap directly into a few months of bad sledding?

o

Baltimore! Can you believe that's where our old car came from? how it ended up in canada is a mystery! anyways we loved that car, and i even shedded a tear when they took it away! right now it's darn right cold, i just came back from my morning walk and had to have a cup of coffee to get warm! right now there is no snow (but we were supposed to get some yesterday!) and there are tiny leaf buds on the trees, and the grass is just turning green, i have buds on my rose bushes and i can see about 2 inches of iris's coming up out of the ground. the leaves won't come out until mid-may and you should see our back yard - just full of white and pink flowers from our apple and plum trees! ten it get hot, hot ususally in the high 70's and 80's and humid. but i will admit we have to get one more snow storm before it really is spring! (ps i did have on shorts 3 times last week when it was in the high 60's). and i haven't seen any robins yet and lake superior is still frozen even though the ice breaker has went through (they say in some parts of the harbour the ice is about 32 inches thick!) debbie

o

It was 82 yesterday. The amaryllis are blooming. The azaleas got all beat up from the heavy, heavy rains last week. The dogwoods and other flowering trees are about finished.....Yes, I would say Spring is here!!!! Weeds are busy rejoicing and springing up. They love the heavy rain.

o

Yes Spring has arrived in Chicago...we had an 84 degree day last week and several days in the 70's...flowers are blooming, birds are chirping away...just lovely...until yesterday when the bottom dropped out....temps went down in the 40's and this morning we are getting snow!!! (not a lot, but still!!)....

o

Spring teased us here in Massachusetts last week with some really warm temperatures (up in the 70s and 80s). Today is is cold and rainy and damp. But the trees are in bloom, my eyes are itching (a sure sign!), and everything is turning green. At times I wondered if we would ever see bare ground again!

o

It's almost summer here in Southern Arizona, highs in the 80's this week, but it will be in the 70's next week...the Palo Verde trees are blooming with their beautiful yellow blooms, but lots of allergies!! It won't be too long before it's in the 100's! Is there anywhere that people aren't bothered with allergies...maybe the North Pole?!

o

Patti! i guess i'm the only one who lives near the north pole, and believe me, i think allergies are everywhere! ds is sneezing like there's no tomorrow! Was putting out the garbage and i have my winter parka on! also the evening walkers have toques (knitted hats), and mitts on! Guess i put the lawn furniture out a little too early!-lol debbie

o

Patti ,nope I don't think there is such a place.Been suffering too. All those little floaties thing need ot go somewhere else.LOL Hey Deborah...in Canada. Where we are at in a R.V. park, there were some full timers who came in from Ontario Canada. My husband and him talked for hours and he said the man was so nice. They were headed back to Ontario, and had been wintering in Texas for the winter. They were discussing trucks and we have a F 450 1 1/2 ton...called a hotshot truck, with a flat bed striclty for pulling R.V.s. This guy said this truck would go for about 100,000 there in Canada. Just wondering ,if you knew . This is strange ,and we just wondered if that is so.Ofcourse I know Canada money is different so I imagine in U.S. dollars it would be about the same. Just curious!!

How is Al doing? Some of your posts said recently he had been back in the hospital. I hope spring is soon there so you can escape and enjoy some of it. You sure deserve some alone time as your posts sounds like you have a busy life ,with the family. But a beautiful family and I love to hear of your daily routines in Canada.

Yes spring is in full bloom here and 80 degree weather. Well was until last night and it took a nosedive to the high 40's today. A storm front came through yesterday,nothing major just some winds. I am wondering whether to bring in the plants. Such a pain to have to. Well enjoy that burst of spring and please no more snow your way.....enjoy!!!!! HUGS Gabby

o

Hey Debbie, I had to laugh when you said you had shorts on when it was in the high 60's...at that temp I'm still wearing sweatshirts and long pants...

o

Oh, sure, Deb! Short sleeves and shorts last week, and it's SNOWING right now!!!!!!!! AND accumulating!!!!!! It's from the south-west, from the northern States, over the Great Lakes to us; I hear Chicago/Detroit got hit, also. Nice. I think Southern Ontario is snow-covered, too. We're way below in temps compared to the yearly average.
Now the patio furniture is covered in snow....I'll be hiding between our mattresses until it all melts again. Better be soon!
Hugs, Deb!!!

o

Linda....burrrr..... go hybernate! Don't blame you to get under the covers. How is your Mother doing in the home? I bet you are enjoying your alone time, bu it is sad after you have them for so long. Things are better here after my husbands mother passed on in Feb. It is still strange not to see her in my downstairs. After 5 years it takes some getting use to. I miss her at times. I miss the person, not the responability of it. Take care until Mother Nature decides to take a turn-a-round for the better. HUGS From Kentucky....Gabby

o

Gabby, i don't know if that man was pulling your leg or not. ashley, my son's girlfriend drives a truck, she lives at home too and her dad would prefer her to drive a truck, he feels it would be safer for her (hey we have paved roads here - lol). she drives a 3/4 ton the truck is a year old, has electric everything and her dad said it was 29,000.00 new. where i live no one buys there vehicles here, they go down south -- probably around glitters area, so she could probably tell you better. also leasing is the thing to do here. i feel in my heart that al is going down hill very slowly, he just doesn't have the spunk he had even afew months ago, i'm hoping if we get warm weather here, he may feel alot better, but we do go on don't we? his sleep patterns are so weird and also what he wants to eat, but atleast he is eating. the kids are fine, matthew went golfing on friday in the 55 mph winds, and carley went to court on friday---no she is a good child - lol she's taking a law class, so they got to go to court and actually act out a trial against another high school in town! she said it was great! well it's time to turn on the furance here -- i'm freezing! debbie

o

Spring is here in Virginia...a tricky time. A couple of 80's last week...snow flurries in the western part of the state today! BUT dogwoods and azaleas in bloom! Glad to see it! Derry

o

Remember when I bragged about it being 82???? Well, I shouldn't have. It was 42 when I went out to get the morning paper today. It got all the way up to 62 and windy today. Pooh! I dragged out the only sweater that hadn't been washed and put away. Yep, it was in the dirty clothes hamper.
PB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here