SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glitter53_gw

Not getting any easier....

Glitter53
19 years ago

My patience is wearing thin, unfortunately. Thank heavens where my patience leaves, my hubby's takes over. Mom's dementia is galloping right along, and altho' the Respiradone is helping as far as her not hallucinating as much anymore, earler today she asked my hubby "where's that girl that was here?". Meaning me. My tummy flipped at that one. She could spend half an hour playing with the water from the basin tap in the bathroom, and arranging and re-arranging things on the counter. When she leaves, the water is still turned on. She walks so stopped over now.....that's sad to see. When I sit with her she just converses softly, and if I don't respond, she just keeps talking away, almost oblivious that I'm there, and I can't even understand what she's talking about. If I answer, I'm usually wrong. ;-/ I asked her earlier today, when she went for a nap, if she wanted her door open or closed, and she said "up to you. they'll get in anyway. you talk to them." Sheesh. Only my hubby and me here...She still asks when we're going home....goes into her room and asks me if she can sleep there....I guess what I'm wondering, is...where is this all going?! Will she eventually forget our names? Who we are? I've never been close to anyone who ever went thru something like this. What's next?

Both our doc and her neurologist suggested putting her name on a nursing home list. I never thought it would get to that point, but.....if she stops knowing who we are.....and gets more agitated at me (in particular)....We're not getting younger, and she's been with us for over 10 years....Is it wrong to hope she leaves peacefully, in our care, instead of somewhere else?

Sorry...just tired tonight and had to put some thoughts together...thanks for letting me think out loud for a while....

Blessings

Linda

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting