SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heydeborah

it's been a month

heydeborah
17 years ago

it just seemed like a bad dream, and i wish i'd just wake up. i am having a hard time. i spend my days in my pj's or i make carley go out with me for a half hour or so. i can't beleive the friends we have, some that we haven't seen in years, but everyone wants to help in one way or another, but, i'm one that doesn't ask for favours, i never have been, so it's hard to say yes, that would be great. in Al's passing and him being in the hospital so much, he did not have a love of flowers anymore, they as well as fruit baskets reminded him of sickness, so we requested no flowers, but my friend bev, had requested that friends make a deposit for a trust fund for the family, i was talking to her yesterday and she said that at noon yesterday they had 6 deposits to that account, and that they would wait for the end of the month. how generous of people. we live on a very tiny block 8 houses because of a city park, we have 2 new families that have moved in the past 3 weeks (rental homes), but all my other neighbours are taking care of us. even the cashiers at the grocery store and coming up to me giving me hugs. what friends to have! i knew that Al was very well liked, if anyone wanted him to volunteer for anything he would be there. we have received cards from people i don't even know! but my sister-in-laws have not spoken to me at all, they were disgusted at the way bev and i arranged everything, but my aunt who was a the gravesite service said there wasn't a dry eye --except from the sister in laws.

we are starting to change things in the house such as painting our bedroom a different colour and just basic sspring cleaning. it is hard.

i have visited Al 3 times this week and it's only thursday. if you met him you would just love him, he never drank or partied or swore. one request that he had was to donate his wheelchair and new commode (never used), the marach of dimes will take it, but his leg is another story, we have the war amps here, like your vetrans, they sponsor amputees for legs etc., this leg was not cheap, about 10,000.00, do you know they wouldn't take it! Al would be so disappointed. i was told to give it back to the "store" that made it, (that person would profit, or call back and i could send it to a third world country myself! just let them know what country and they would supply the address.

i have also been asked if i was interested in dating, i was so offended by this stupid question that i started crying my head off and had to turn and walk away from this gentleman and i use this term losely!

i have matthew who is off work he is not doing well, and carley and gracie joy, it is so different and i thank you for reading this lengthy post

debbie

Comments (11)

Sponsored