Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi Everyone...my bestest caregiving buddies!!!!

Posted by gabby_49 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 05 at 21:08

Hello... just wanted to say I miss all of you,since I don't have time anymore to have the luxary of my computer at hand when I am in the R.V. I always read all of your letters and would love to respond, as I know how important it is that someone is on the other end to lend help, but it appears all of the others are doing such a good job, along with still caring for loved ones. This is what makes this site just a pleasure and has so much "comfort" along with it.

I think of you all often and still appreciate all that you offered for me in my way of duty caring for my MIL. I hope God extends his strength, and "endurance" for all of you on this Easter Holiday. I know this "journey" was hard for me.....BUT I survived it and so will all of you. I am giving you all a big "HUG", and know that you are in my thoughts. HAPPY EASTER and hang in there. Reach for all these loving friends on here when the rough gets going. Blessings to you all. Breezy, Nora, Linda...Derry....Kathy...... hope things are well as can be....time will take care of things in God time!!!! Love Gabby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi Everyone...my bestest caregiving buddies!!!!

Where're you headed, Gabs.? Give us all the details, please!

I remember when I was one of the "new kids" and how wonderful everyone was (REMAINS!) and now I'm beginning to see a whole new crop of names. I only hope I'll be able to carry the standard as well...

It makes me sort of sad because I know caregivees have died and caregivers now have other things to occupy their time. But I'm really happy that those people who gave so much now have time to induldge themselves in whatever they want.

So, Gabby, how's about you keep us informed?!

o

Che'.....NO where in paticuliar, just DH's world of pipefitter life. You go where the work is, and make a new life in a R.V. We use to have a holiday Rambler, 32 ft....for years ,until we traded for a Country Aire 5th wheel with a slide out, much nicer to live in,altho you get tired of it. It use to be wherever we went there were others doing the same, and we met many friends along the way. Not any more. You just adjust to this kind of life,can be rewarding with many new places to see, and do. We have our home also so we still have roots. Have u heard of some people becoming..."fulltimers"? That is when they sale out everything they own and move into a R.V. and travel places. I WANT roots, and some place to call home, not a R.V. park ,across one continent.

We just run back and forth home on weekends. Had the grandkids there last night and shopped today. They like to come often. So how is things on your end? Can't recall if you care for someone or not? OR if you already have? I sure will keep everyone informed, but this is not vacation time, just DH's work......Working towards spending the winters in Florida....hmmmm....maybe if the "gas prices reduce considerably, fat chance of that huh? Take care, and lots of hugs....Gabs

o

Gabby.. How long did u do the travel thing for?? My DH is trying to convince me we will be on the road for a yr or 2.. Not too sure about this..
I can handle 3 months @ time quite nicely. Told him we will negotiate extended time. Tho we just upgraded ours from (84) 31' to a (97) 36.5' Class A Pace Arrow with a slide which I am quite excited about!!

We have a "root" of sorts right now.. move out of our home on Fri. everything goes into storage until we build our new home again on a lot we own.

BTW how much are gas prices in your corner of the world??

o

Gabby!!!!! Hello, Sweetie!! Ah, life on the road...the wind in your hair...footloose and fancy-free....!!!!! haha!!
I'm so very happy for you and Al! You have so much catching up to do together!! Our day will come, but for now, there's work here to be done.
Please keep in touch with us! We'd miss not hearing from you! Chart your itinerary and tell us where you are and where you're heading, and what you see and do...and, and...we'll travel vicariously through you!
BIG HUGS!!..
Blessings, Linda

o

OGoo, and Linda....Actually Ogoo we did live in our travel home for about two years , until we bought our house we have now.We didn't have the big R.V. we have now, but it was a 31 ft, Holiday Rambler. Funny how you adjust to just so much room and can live. We had thought we may want to not have a home and just live in a R.V. THat didn't last long as there is not many places you can put grandkids or company. That is when we opted to buy a home. We had out furnishings in storage also. It may be some peoples "cup of tea" to travel and be homeless so to speak, but not me. As I said "Iwant roots".

We have been to several places with my husbands work, but unfortunely now....we are in Ind...staying now as Dh is working in Indy. This is his home local ,with the pipefitters. Trying to drive home every evening is just to much, with traffic and gas prices, so we just take the R.V. and go,and it is our second home.

You will adjust fine to R.V. life only knowing that in the future you will get your new house, how nice. Is your husband retired? I had to take a step back about five years ago after raising three children and finally getting to go with husband, when I had to come home and care for my MIL who moved in with us. I had her for 5 years when recently she passed away at 81.

If you need to ask anything of R.V. life just shoot. I will try to answer what I have learned from my past experiences. ENJOY YOUR STAY AND r.v.. LIFE!!!

Linda.....My husband's name is Den...I think you have Hey Deborah,husband Al mixed up with mine. Very easy to do, as it is hard keeping all of us in check...LOL. Yes, R.V. life can be a barrell of fun, only in the summer....WINTER not as nice. They are defintely "cozy" and just as warm as a house. Not much housework, and lot of spare time to do what you want. I am sure we will enjoy it more when husband retires, right now it is a work a must.

Linda...you are so right, your day will come. I thought mine has erupted when I had to come home off the road and care for his mother, but as I look a back I can see so many rewarding things I have felt for getting the opportunity to care and take care of his mother. At the time, (much resentment). I learned many things from her,and will carry them on,had many times to spend with her and love her, altho at the time, couldn't see beyond that, but I done it for 5 years, and can hold my head up high. I hope all caregivers can feel the reward of caring for their parents....bless each and every one of you....Love Gabby

o

Gabby Im so glad to know that you are on the road and out of the house.
Has to be good for you.
Now do let us travel with you I love to hear what your doing makes me feel like I have gone somewhere LOL
love and hugs Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here