SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glitter53_gw

Help for anyone dealing with incontinence

Glitter53
19 years ago

I'm not sure I posted this before, but I solved Mom's fecal incontinence problem a while back and wanted to make sure anyone who is dealing with this right now is aware of it.

Mom had diarrhia very badly, on and off, for over a week (we thought she was well, then it started again, etc), and ended up in the hospital, dehydrated. They gave her IV and she was back to her normal self, but the diarrhia wasn't controlled at all.

So. I did a lot of research, and went to our Health Food store for IBS Formula for Seniors. I bought RenewLife brand I.B.S. I and II (they come together, in a kit). I gave her two #I caps in the mornings, and two #II caps in the evening. Her diarrhea stopped completely in a few days!!

From my research I also learned that the good bacteria needed replacing, as it was discarded with the 'bad', so I also bought UDO'S Choice Probiotics (must be refrigerated).

This combination of IBS formula contains:

L-Glutamine 418mg

A-Acetyl-Glucosamine 18mg

Gamma Oryzanol 10mg

Proprietary Herbal Blend 5mg

(consisting of: cranesbill root (geranium maculatum), ginger root, marigold flower, marshmallow root)

It contains NO: wheat, gluten, soy, yeast,animal products, salt, or artificial flavour or colours, no preservatives)

As for the Probiotic, "Each vegetable capsule contains 12million viable cells at time of manufacture" (ie keep refrigerated) They list all the various lactobaccilin, etc, but it's very hard to read them all....suffice it to say, both my 91-year old Mother and I have taken it regularly (I'm sensitive to MSG and have to locate a washroom very quickly after eating in restaurants) with no side-effects.

As I said: stopped my Mother's diarrhea dead in its tracks, and she had an almost constant, immediate problem.

I suppose I have to say to check with your doctor before taking these herbals, but I didn't. Yes...always the rebel!

Both the brands I use are without equal, imho, after much research, and UDO'S Choice has been prescribed by my naturopath, also.

I hope this helps someone out there....I'm sure it will!

Blessings

Linda

Comments (6)

Sponsored