Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need some strength from you all

Posted by imabest (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 11, 05 at 19:55

We all have been sick with the flu!!
Hubby is on his 6th day me on my 5th and Mom on her 2nd day of the flu.
My mom has not been eating well for the last 2 weeks and now the last 2 day mostly just jucie and water.
I cant get ahold of our Dr (its friday nite) so in the morning Im going to get her ready for a trip to the hospital.
She is so weak and can hardly walk with even the help of the walker.
Im somewhat better but still cant find anything to eat and will stay down.
Had a milkshake today.
Hopefully she will get some strenght back with some meds and Iv's/
Can you tell Im a wreck ????
Im rambling I can tell
Keep us in your thoughts and hugs for all of you Imabest

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need some strength from you all

Kathy.....Ohhhh so sorry to hear that. If it isn't bad enough trying to care for your Mother in her state, then all of you are sick. Sending well wishes your way, and lots of Hugs. Being your Mother is elderly, and not eating....she may go down fast Kathy. For sure, get her to the hospital tomorrow. I will be praying for you all. We lost our Mother Lara Feb 8th....she went in with a UTI...and never got any better, quit eating, slept contiually, and then passed, when her kidneys shut down. Will check back later and hope you all regain health again so soon......LOTS OF HUGS Gabby

o

I hope everything goes well and you get her (and you!) to the hospital in the morning...how awful for you all...
They may keep your Mom overnight for IV fluids to build her up....Take good care
Blessings....Lindi

o

Hi Kathy... I'm so sorry all of you are sick. I wish I was nearby so I could help you... May God minister healing and strength to each of you and bless you all with a good night's rest. Your dear mother must be quite old now... She's an amazing gal!!! :) Do I remember correctly that you suffer with your back??? Please be careful. May God bless and touch each of you. ~breezy

o

Joining with the others to wish your family a quick & complete recovery. If your mom is hospitalized, will the soc services offer home health aid for short term at least? Especially with your own illness, I would think that would be a priority for her homecoming.

o

Kathy....So sorry to hear that you all have the flu. Please know that I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Your DM sure does need to be in the hospital...you and your DH need all the rest you can get to get over the flu. Pray that the doctors can also give you all something. Let us know how you are doing. As Breezy said...wished I was close so I could help out. Blessings, Nora

o

Hi Kathy....wondering how it's going there. Y'all are really having a time. Being that sick and having to care for other sick ones borders on being an emergency. I hope you have gotten help in some form, and you are starting to get better by now....tune in when you can and let us know what's happening. Thinking about'cha. Derry

o

Hi Kathy! Boy you sure hve your hands full, there is nothing worse than being ill and your whole family too and for so long, hope you all feel better at the time of this reading and hugs and prayers for you all! debbie

o

I hope all went well for your mom. That must have been quite a strain caring for her and your family with you being ill.
Sorry my best wishes are late, but they still come your way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here