SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissas_gw

Tired and overwhelmed

melissas
15 years ago

I have posted different questions here, but now I need to share the big picture, and get some advice.

My mil has Alzheimers, I'm guessing mid to mid late stage. I say guessing because my fil doesn't take her to the doctor. She was on Aricept, but he took her off it without consulting her physician. They were living with my sil and her husband. In December the husband died. My sil has been trying to help, but isn't as effective (understandably) since her husband died. My husband and his 3 brothers don't really help, just visit. My parents have been trying to help my 93 year old grandmother, who is having serious health issues. But she is refusing help, insisting she can do everything herself. She's always been mean, to put it bluntly, and is even more so now. Last week my beloved mother died. She was 70, and in reasonable health. Just a fluke illness, which she thought was a stomach bug, but turned out to be much worse. So now I am grieving, and worried about my father, who is worried about my grandmother.

On Friday and Saturday I saw my MIL and FIL, and they NEVER said anything about my mom dying. I was, and still am, in shock about this callousness. To top it off, the first thing my FIL says to me when he sees me is, "my wife stinks. I got her new soap, but she still stinks. What should I do?" I just smiled numbly and said, "I don't know, but if I think of something I'll let you know."

I don't want to grow bitter against my in-laws but I can't believe they didn't even acknowledge my moms passing.

I know I'm in mourning, and not thinking clearly. But it hurts. I hurt. I'm tired of worrying about my dad, whom I love dearly.

Comments (7)

Sponsored