SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Full time care for someone at home

Many of the posts I've read here have to do with caring for relatives who don't live at home or are not really bad off.

When I do see a post about someone who needs a lot of care, usually a nursing home is recommended.

I would like to hear from anyone who has cared for someone until their death, if possible.

10 years ago my mother was very sick and taken care of at home until her death. I did some of the care but my brother and his wife lived at their house most of the time.

This involved hospital bed, changing diapers, feeding tube, bedsores, etc.

Now, my dad lives with me, he has been here 11.5 years and in the last two days, the dementia has escalated.

Nighttime is an issue because his body is fairly active, enough for him to get out of bed and fall down, essentially.

I just need to talk with someone who has gone this route with out the gentle " think about a nursing home" routine.

Our house is set up for all his needs. He has his own floor, roll in shower, laundry, kitchen, etc. and I am home all the time.

I know about Hoyer lifts, transfer boards, meds, etc. but right now he needs a rubber room! (w/a tv set to espn 24/7)

Thanks.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County