SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherribnc

Grandmother in hospital 3 wks & Mom is worn out.

SHERRIBNC
19 years ago

My grandmother has bone cancer. She has been battling it for over 2 years. Drs say it came from breast cancer that she had over 15 years ago. Tumors are compressing some of her spine, so they gave her radiation. In doing so, they burnt her throat. SHe had to go into the hosptial because she could not eat. That was almost 3 weeks ago. My mother is at the hosptial all the time. SHe is worn out. Grandmother will not stay alone for one minute. My brother and I try to help out as much as possible but I have a small child and work full time and my brother lives out of town. Mother has a brother and a sister but all we hear is "we have to work"

My mother has alot of medical problems herself. I have tried to explain to Mother that you are just going to have to stay home some and rest. I am afraid when it gets to "the end" that she is going to be in the hospital herself and want be able to be with grandmother.

Grandmother does not have any failing organs, she just is very week and can't eat. They are giving her nutrition by IVs. I understand that Grandmother could be like this for a long time. I pray everyday for strenght for my family.

I seems that Grandmother does not get any worse but she does not get any better either. I just worry that Mother is going to collapse, but every time Grandmother starts to cry she will stay.

Comments (6)

Sponsored