SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrowex

need help/advice

dcrowex
14 years ago

Awhile back I posted on here that we were moving my inlaws in with us and had made revisions in our house to accomodate them. I can say with all my heart, they are truly a joy to our home. They are of sound mind and do not like to be hovered over and have an immense amount of humor. We are facing some serious health issues with my FIL that will be ongoing. However, my MIL has fell a couple times and last night, we were at the emergency room getting stitches. I was sitting on her bed talking to them and she came around to sit next to me and didnt sit far enough back on the bed and slipped right off the comforter and crashed into the floor. Her head was cut enough to need a few stitches and of course they did Xrays and Ct scan to make sure no internal bleeding.

I know these kinds of things are going to happen no matter how safe we make things but looking forward, we are concerned about what if this would have happened and we had not been there. She is a large woman and my FIL could not have gotten her up. I work full time but my husband only works a few hours a day so they are never alone more than a couple hours.

My question - is there some sort of device that she can wear whereby she could push a button and it would call me, should she fall or be in some distress? We have all the phone numbers hanging for someone to call in clear view and of course, they know to call 911 if an emergency. BUT, they are very proud and all about not wanting to inconvenience anyone, I am not sure if they would call another family member close by. she may call me though. We even have an intercom system set up for them to use to reach us on any floor.

I just wondered what sort of things can be used if they fall and need help. Just looking for any feedback. thank you.

Comments (8)

Sponsored