SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnier_gw

Sore healing

ginnier
18 years ago

My mom said that her inside upper arm and Dad's watch on his wrist connected somehow and the watch peeled a 50 cent piece-sized hole in her papery thin skin. The two of them had a heck of a time with all the bleeding, but finally got some gauze and tape on it. By the time I got her to fess up about it, the tape wasn't holding well and the gauze was shifting and she felt like she was bleeding all over her sweatshirt. We put fresh gauze with different tape, but her skin is sorta hanging loose under there and the gauze didn't hold in place very well. So we bought some 2 x 3 bandages and used those with a little Neosporin type stuff. Day 3, fresh bandage and no neosporin. Day 5, I tried to get the bandage off and cut her skin with my next to nothing thumbnail. I never realized her skin was so tender!!!!!! But I put on another bandage and thought this is not healing very fast, it needs to be open to the air!!! Day 6, she and Dad put mercurachrome on it all and it's starting to dry up beautifully. That blasted mercurachrome! But it seemed to do the job, or time had finally taken care of it. It's now a nice dry 1" scab!

Comments (4)

Sponsored