Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it Spring yet!!!!!

Posted by nora8 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 05 at 7:42

Hello Friends, I think that spring is here....one day is nice then cool and rainy....so many things a bloomed or buds out in my neck of the woods. Been busy, busy with things around this place and haven't been on much. Love retirement...doing things that I have left undone for years...cooking more...and you can tell...my weight....oh dear....love having more time with Mom and Dad...Mom has had sundowners and a few bad days after that. But yesterday was a good day...Sunday she slept most of the day...DD got in safe from Bolivia and had a wonderful time...today we are to have around 70...so plans are to get out and get those flower beds cleaned. Love and blessings sent to everyone and pray that you are taking care of "you"....one day at a time and just doing the best we can...God Bless, Nora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it Spring yet!!!!!

Glad your daughter got back safe, I bet she will have lots of stories to tell.
We are warm already, been in the 80's and due to be there this week. I am already planting my veggetable garden.
Glad you have more time with your folks, and just keep doing one day at a time, that is the best way.
Enjoy the outdoors, that seems to help me, just being outside with the birds, and all the plants.

o

I was sick all weekend, just when it was perfectly lovely outdoors! Yesterday it poured all day long; the road has HUGE puddles, the rivers are racing, and I can't believe how much snow is gone (yay!).

I peeked around the south side of the house on Saturday (on my way back f rom the mailbox) and there, in warm, protected corner of the house was a little clump of white croci!! The narcissus are poking out of the ground and the Bleeding hearts and peonies won't be far behind. Red winged blackbirds are singing up a storm, as are the chickadees. The driveway looks like brownie batter.

It's supposed to crack 50 degrees tomorrow... dare I hope? ;)

o

Hi Nora,
Glad to hear you & your family are doing pretty well; was just thinking of you. 'Tis the only way to go with a day at a time. Still learning to do that here.
After having summer-like days for so long here in the NW we finally have had some much needed rain. Is everything growing or what?!! Looks like I can get back out in the yard with a nice day tomorrow. Have been enjoying the tulips now along with the fragrant narcissus. My year old daphne was so wonderful to walk by up to the front door. Oh, Chelone, thanks for mentioning peonies. Don't have any in this yard yet & so enjoy them. Do you have many?
Blessings to all this wonderful time of year.
Sharlee

o

Hello Sharlee, "One day at a time"....you have to say this over and over to yourself...and then....as for me with God's Grace it becomes a mind set!! Hope you can get out and do in your yard...that is my plans...did a little yesterday...took plants from Dad's green house and put together 3 hanging baskets....we have this spider plant that is just huge....all kinds of spider babies that needed to be transplanted. Dad planted more lettuce,radishes and tomatoe plants....tried to help him but he wanted to do it himself...he has his way and only his way.LOL Take care and God Bless, Nora

o

We are in for a weekend of torrential rain, 2+ inches. What's that saying, "April showers bring May flowers"? lol.

The snow is largely gone now, except for large banks left from the snowblower or where it drifted in the woods. I see more croci poking up through last fall's leaves in the back garden, ditto more narcissus.

As for peonies, we have 4 large clumps of the herbaceous ones and two tree peonies. I adore peonies; they smell so good and the flowers are almost obscenely large. I'm a little disappointed with the tree peonies, they perform every year, but haven't really "taken off" the way we'd hoped. Maybe this year?

Oh, and another sure sign of spring... I've pulled 4-5 ticks off the animals in the past 2 days. Time for Frontline!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here