SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suram_gw

Verbally abusive dying aunt

suram
15 years ago

4 years ago I moved my aunt in to live with me because she had"only 6 months to live" I spoke to her doctor and he's the one that said so. After 5 months of chemo and her tumors shrunk, her prognosis improved and I invited her to move out because she was incredibly self sufficient and capable. I call her every day, and initially made sure she got to go somewhere fun once a week. I usually paid her way and we did something she wanted to do. I quit doing that after a few months because EVERY where we went she was verbally abusive to someone at some point of the day.Now, her health is declining and she is house bound and can no longer drive. For the last few months I have been taking her everywhere she needs to go and Hospice is involved a few times a week in her home.I still take her and her huge oxygen tanks to the store once a week (she initially had me going to the store every other day) I call her every day to check on her. Her verbal abuse is much worse-she yells at the nurse and the social worker and everyone.She throws things around the house. I can't stand being with her and get physically ill when I have to go to her house. I don't think I should have to deal with this.I am the only family here, but I am ready to bail out of the picture and let happen what may. Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored