SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnier_gw

Vacation--all went well...

ginnier
18 years ago

Hubby and I went on a week cruise while my elderly folks went into an independent living facility for 10 days. There were things that happened...no hot water on the first day...oops, I guess we don't have a telephone for them like we thought, and then the real kicker...nope, Mom can't smoke in her room afterall, it didn't click that she'd have oxygen at night and the two don't mix well!! It worked out okay, I don't think they got out and mingled like I had originally thought they would. Mom still plays bridge and could've found a game going if she had wanted to. She just didn't want to hobble down there and see others with walkers...as if SHE is so young and agile (see my tongue in my cheek????). At least now my folks are making noises like maybe that's where they should move; it might be a good thing. So I wonder how much assistance should a place have...? My folks are 83 and 85, sorta feeble (Dad, mentally and Mom, physically). This facility has a health care service available for anything they might need. What should I be asking about? Have any of you gone this route instead of straight to nursing home???

Comments (4)

Sponsored