Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Truly Wish....

Posted by westelle (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 14:04

I truly wish people would stop sending me inspirational/ or religious uplifting emails! They are neither... to me at least. Most tear me up and make me a wreak for the rest of the day. I just got another beautiful story and I'm crying... again... and will be a mess for the rest of the day. I know these people are only trying to help, but it has the opposite effect on me.

Maybe I should send these well-meaning friends an email asking them to not send any more such fwds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Truly Wish....

Yes, you can and should send a note to these people. Let me guess, it's usually the same people, right?

Or just delete before opening. And let these people know that you don't need these messages.

I understand completely!

o

Non illigitimus carborundum

I would spose most of those stories are made up.

This post was edited by mxyplx on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 23:03

o

yes, just send them a note thanking them for thinking of you but you need them to know that in your current situation you are finding them stressful (or whatever word you feel works better).
Hugs.

o

Thank you for your support. I figured you'd understand.

Raee, thank you for your kind note.

o

I have a cousin and her daughter that do that on a many times a day rotation. I have deleted the daughter, and may delete the cousin. They can be uplifting but so many in one day is ridiculous to me. I don't want to be mean or ugly to them as I know that they mean well but too much of a good thing is just too much,
Mary

o

I did ask certain people to, please!, not send me these fwds , and they haven't. Mary, have you asked them to stop?

o

Yes and my cousin told me she understood, just don't read them she told me, but her daughter also sends them to me so its a double dose to me. first ones I read but don't want them over and over every single day. As I mentioned I have deleted the daughter but now the cousin seems to be sending more to me. Maybe 4 or 5 a day. I know that they both mean well but sometimes a little of one thing is just too much.
Mary

o

Check with your server to see if you can block them. My server will block them and bounce them back. I don't have any patience for people who who send junk when I have asked them repeatedly not to send it.

o

I finally did the same.... not only this but sexual cartoons too.

o

When I give my email out to a friend or family member I ask not to be put me on their mailing list for forwards and warning about things like Obama Care or Jane Fonda.

o

"...Obama Care or Jane Fonda."

LOL!

o

I have had a computer since 1996 and you wouldn't believe the crap sent to me. LOL

o

Oh yes I would!!! LOL!

o

Yo, EmmaR.....1987, here...first actual e-mails in the mid-nineties...and yes, I would, too!

o

At first I did like the joke forwards. I have a 3 ring zippered binder of those jokes to which I added clip art at the top and bottoms. The clip art of the hillbilly/redneck medical terms is hilarious, out houses, shacks, stills, etc.. When my husband had bypass surgery I took copies of a lot of them and left them at the nurses station for something for them to read on their breaks. I was in my office one time and started laughing out loud and my husband came in and asked "what is going on in here?" I read him the story and he just grunted. LOL

This post was edited by EmmaR on Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 19:31

o

I just delete-delete-delete without reading. I do notice I get a lot less of these than I used to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here