Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mean old girls -- senior bullying

Posted by sushipup (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 12:37

Great article on mean senior bullies. My Mother had such a neighbor, and I saw it first hand. Ugly. I thought I'd share this story.

Here is a link that might be useful: mean old girls

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mean old girls -- senior bullying

Sad, but I have no doubt it happens. People don't become nice just because they get old. Luvs

o

I never thought something like this existed. It made me stop & think . What a revealing article !

o

I think that we can see it several ways. One is for the new patient moving into a facility, being intimidated. ANother is knowing that we have a family member who has a somewhat nasty temperament, and we worry if they take it out on neighbors. And we worry about it for ourselves, when we think about moving into a downsized age-restricted community. I'd glad to see that this is recognized. and that the publicity makes more people aware of it.

And if Aunt Edith complains about the nasty neighbor she has, we promise to take it seriously.

o

Thanks for the information, we seniors forget that others may not be as nice and compassionate as we should be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here