Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to this site

Posted by drivetdar (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 06 at 8:40

Hello everyone:I wish to thank you for this site. I have been a caregivet to my mom for the past eight years, she lives with me and is completely blind(4 Years) and has dementia,Parkinsons. After reading the last 30 something post I just have a sense of relief, had a couple of chuckles with the stories and some tears with the realities. I am a social worker by profession and a daughter to my 80 yr old mom. Again thanks for the valuable insight and sharing. Its nice to share where we all are at as we climb the journey with our elderly parents
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to this site

Hello Deb, Glad that you have found this site. What a blessing it is and all the many who post. I don't get on much....my Dear Sweet Mom went to be with the Lord in June. Oh how I miss her. You said "journey"...I also saw our 9 years together as a journey....Mom had alz. As I look back...I thank God for that journey together. This site and all my dear friends here....helped me so much. It is not easy...to have somewhere to come and share is so important. The compassion,love and understanding will see you thur. God Bless, Nora

o

Hi Deb and welcome!!!! although i care for my hubby and he does not have the same illness as your dear mom, we are all here to do the same thing help each other and to make friendships! i have went through alot in the past few years and i will tell you that all my friends here have helped me out more than my friends that i have had for over 25 years! i have also learnt alot about caring for my hubby and how to just take time for myself. you can see that we don't just talk about problems here, we also talk about good things which are probably sometimes more important. we are all here to help and listen to one another! again welcome! debbie

o

Hey and welcome! I care for my mom, too. She is nearly blind, and has multi-infarct dementia. You have been doing this a couple of years longer than I, but I think I know a bit about what you are going through. Hang in there and know you are not alone.

o

I too am new to this site and I'm sooo glad I found it. While not yet having to provide full time care to two sets of aging parents, my DH and I find ourselves poised to do this any day.

I think we might find advice and tips that we can use. I sure wish that when I was in my 20's I knew what middle age had in store...emptying nest and aging parents...EEEK!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here