Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
al passed

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 0:26

well my dear,dear friends, i thought i'd let you know that Al had suffered a massive stroke on his left side. the doctors turned off his life support and Al passed at 953pm this evening. it was a long,long road, but we did have 25 good years together, he was a great guy one that people just loved. i haven't made any plans as yet, but i know that he is no longer in pain. thank you all for all of your help and hugs! debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: al passed

Oh, Debbie! It's been a long road for you both. May you always remember the best times. I'm not good at words here, but just know that I extend my arms in a hug and my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

My deepest sympathies.

Helene

o

There are never any really good words for times like this. I find that I simply can't put the words together to express what I feel. I am sure that you know that we are all thinking about you and wish that we could help in some way.

It's so true that he is no longer in pain or wondering what new and unpleasant thing will happen next. He was a man of courage.

Please take care of yourself and your children.
Keep us posted as to how you are getting along.
PB

o

Hello Debbie,
Please know how sorry I am that Al has passed, but knowing what he has been through the last few years, we know he is not in pain anymore.
Take care and know that we are here anytime you may need to talk.
Connie

o

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Susan

o

Please accept my Sincere Sympathy.

o

I'm so sorry.

Barb

o

Hi Debby
I am so sorry. I haven't forgotten about you and Al. I think of you often.
Please accept my Sincere Sympathy.
I never know what to say at times like these.
Just take care of yourself and stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.
Patty

o

Dear Debbie, Please know that you and your dear children are in my thoughts and prayers. It's been a very long time since I have talked with you. I did pop in and check ever so often. Peace of knowing that Al is not in anymore pain must be a comfort for you. You are and amazing lady...you took care of him and with such spirit....take care of Debbie now. God Bless. Nora

o

Dear Debbie,
Bless his heart! Your Al must have been a very strong man, he endured so much adversity, and you right along with him. I know you and the kids are going through some of the most difficult times, and that you all are going to miss your dear one, but as the others have said, it is good to know that he no longer has to suffer in any way.
I know you have been preparing yourself for this time, but it is nonetheless sad. My thoughts are with you all. Please keep in touch here when you can, for we are all with you in thought.
Shalom, Derry

o

Dear Debbie

I am sorry to hear of Al's passing yet glad he no longer has to deal with the many different health problems he has had in the recent years.

I know you and the kids will miss him, and that you had a 'full plate' taking care of him. Now you need to take care of you. You and the kids are in my prayers. Carolyn

o

It's been a very long time since I've checked in here. And Debbie, I'm so sorry to learn of Al's death.

I know it's been a long haul for you and I know there isn't anything I could offer that would help you one bit. But I'm thinking of you. :/

o

Debbie, so sorry to hear this. Please take care.

o

Yes Debbie take care & sorry to hear of your loss..

o

Please accept my sincere sympathy.

o

Deb

I haven't been on , but thought just now I would check in and seen where Al passed. I was shocked! I am so sorry for your loss, but know we are all thinking of you and your in thought! You endured the hardest times with grace. May God bring peace to your heart and your family. HUGS Gabby

o

How are you doing? I'm sure it's been a hard week for you and your children. Hold on tight to each other, and know that we are all thinking of you.

Take care of yourself, too.

o

Dear Debbie... May God bless and comfort you and your precious children. You've surely been through a lot together. ~abreze

o

How are you doing? I think of you daily and say a prayer for you and your children.
Take care of yourself and remember we are here for you.

(((((Deborah))))

Patty

o

Hi everyone thank you for the personal cards and e-mails, you are truly good friends. Al's funeral was very,very simple, my friend Bev helped me along the way (all i can hear is Al's sister screaming at me at the hospital about having a funeral and no cremation, not a good rememberance of her and he hadn't gone yet, but as my friends say they are really no longer your family anymore). Anyways the funeral was graveside at a cemetary about 1 mile from our house and i have to drive by it everyday to take carley to the university, so i still feel him with me (stupid i don't know) there was only one day notice in the paper and over 100 people showed up, so nice, i did everything that Al wanted when we spoke and he would have been proud. matthew is not doing well and he is at home for awhile, carley is doing really well for an 18 yr old! and me i guess i will pull through (we all went to the doctor on thursday). Al's last gift to me was Gracie the puppy (actually Gracie Joy) i just look at her and remember Al and how much he loved her too. i'm getting a little cryeee (if that's a word), but you guys are the best! love and hugs deb

o

Yep, Deb, I think cryeee is a word! It sounds like you all are pulling thru. I know you will feel Al with you for a long while, if not always, for that is just where he is. It is impressive to have that many people at a graveside service. I think that is a good way to have the service. I did that for my Mom because she wanted that. But it seemed right. My thoughts have been with you all from here in Virginia. I hope Matthew will be turning the corner in a bit. It is hard for young folks.
Please take care and stay in touch.
Derry

o

Trying to move this up, Deb, so it is not missed.
dw

o

Hi Deb (and Kids)
Glad you checked in--WE needed that. I am glad you are trying to put his family, out of your picture. enough of them.
Hang in there-- and I am so sure Al will be with you in spirit to handle things as they come up--. I know it won't be easy, but you can do it.
Always a friend
Connie

o

Debbie - I haven't been on in ages and just checked in. You were on my mind and I was very sad to see that Al passed. You have been such an inspiration to me and I want to thank you for your advice and caring. I hope that your family bears up to this and becomes closer and stronger as a result. Your children are lucky that they have such a wonderful mom with such a big heart! My hugs to you.

So wonderful that you have Gracie Joy to remind you of the good in life and the future going forward.

Hugs -
Trish

o

Debbie, I'm so very sorry. I hardly ever come to this site anymore, but I just happened to this afternoon and saw your note. I know what a long, hard road you all have had and bless your heart, you were a true helpmate and partner through it all. May he rest in peace. Take good care of yourself and know that I am thinking of you all.

o

I haven't been here in a long while either.

I'm so sorry to hear of Al's passing. My deepest sympathies to you & your family. I will keep you all in Special Thoughts & Prayers for comfort & peace during this difficult time.

(((Deb & Family)))

o

Another one not heard from in many months. Joining all the others who're thinking of you, admiring the fine way you've handled the struggles and his family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here