SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathyid

Just passing some info on.

cathyid
9 years ago

Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time to figure out a solution.
Just a suggestion. Cell phones are so small, it becomes very hard to see all the names or numbers. I was able to find a land line phone that turned out to be a great help. They can be bought online but we bought ours at Radio Shack. The numbers are very big. There are 9 pads that are large enough to put a decent size photo in for easier recognition. To make a programed call, Pressing the photo will dial the programed number for you. I used card stock to cover the 7 pads and had a photo of myself and one of his daughter. Not sure this is very clear, but you can find it online It is a Clarity P400. It also can be amplified.
Another helpful device is simple TV controller. He even used it with cable without getting lost, Again it is programable and has an off / on and mute button. The only other buttons are volume up/down and Channel up/down. It saved us hours and the nursing staff was thrilled. We have managed to get several other residents controllers and phones like these.
Just passing on this information in case it is helpful to anyone else.

Comments (2)

Sponsored