SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19773636

Do you ever have a day that just goes well?

User
9 years ago

Today was one of those days.

I was at mom's to get her trash out (tomorrow is trash day). I gave her elderly cat his kidney medication, cleaned up a bit, switched out her laundry, and noted something odd. Mom's washer has been stalling due to "off balance" alarms consistently. I was gearing up to call in the Sears repair guy when I noticed a thin board by the washer.

I went upstairs and asked mom what it was for. She said she'd found it beneath the washer. I immediately figured that a leg of the washer had been on that board...and now, having jiggled off of it, was now off balance. I replaced the board, and the washer is fine. : ) I ran her washer through a "clean" cycle and it didn't alarm once!

I managed to trouble shoot her email program, as a couple of emails hadn't been able to send. Somehow, she'd gotten knocked off of her wireless system.

I am grateful that she is adventurous enough to email folks...so many in her age group are not.

I am grateful that I still have her. Her cousin (one year younger) just received a terminal cancer diagnosis. She is not going to have chemo treatments , so my mom really is the last of her generation in her family.

Anyway, it was a good day.

Comments (4)

Sponsored