SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runsnwalken

Cats on soft paws in Group homes?

runsnwalken
15 years ago

I have mild Autism and own two cats, one Bindi is almost 3 and another Leopalorn (a purebred Somali) almost 2, right now they have no soft paws, have front/back claws and are scratching post trained, they live in my parents house. I was wondering do you think a group home would accpect cats on soft paws?

I have a few years before I must go (5+) so I was wondering if trying soft paws now, so they get used to it would be a good idea?

These cats have already endured a lot of change and stress, (new pets- 3 dogs and 2 cats through my fathers marriage, when she moved in with us), We now, to comply with city codes, have 1 dog and 1 of her cats, and I worry about adding more changes, like soft paws.

I'm against de clawing and sadly have seen the results of it... first the human side- at work a woman living in a group home was forced by the place to de claw her two cats, the cats in turn gave her a bite on the arm, that required a large band aid. She brought the cat to work where the cat bit me to, though not hard enough to break the skin. I reported it, to the work staff.

If you ask me the group home should have never allowed cats to begin with, if they had to de claw, I assume they didn't know or care about soft paws- as well as the cat side of it- cats that can't jump properly or cry in pain - (have a childhood memory of it saw a cat with bloody paws/ect)

Should I leave them with mom and dad without soft paws?, or try the soft paws?. I could also, try the soft paws, but if group home says no they have to get de clawed, just allow them to fall out, and cats will remain at mom and dads .

what do you guys think? I want both people and pets to be safe and happy.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida