Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A1c query for medical technologist lurking or participating..

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 9, 06 at 14:01

Do we have any medical technologist lurking or participating here?

I was an MT(ASCP) once and got sucked into HIS and am now retired.

I've a serious question. Does anyone have a link to the biochemistry and physiology and laboratory technology of A1c?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A1c query for medical technologist lurking or participating..

Would you mind speaking English please?
I happen to know what an A1c is but the other abreviations are unknown.

o

Have you tried doing a Google search. I did one for 'A1c laboratory technology' and got over 50,000 hits. Surely one would tell you what you need.

o

Yes, thanks agnespuffin, I first went to Google and got 53000 plus and found lots of stuff on what hgb A1c means to the doctor but I never found any mechanism or the route by which the sugar affects the a1c. Indeed is it sugar which affects the A1c? Or is it insulin? Or something related to sugar and insulin?

Hence the query in the OP for a link.

o

Thanks for trying. I a neutritionalist friend gave me a print reference: Fairbanks VF and Zimmerman BR, "Measurement of Glycosylated Hemoglobin by Affinity Chromatography," Mayo Clin Proc, 1983, 58(11):770-3 not online back this far.

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here