SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
declansmom_gw

Please help!

declansmom
15 years ago

My husband and I are in the process of deciding whether or not we can survive if we have his father come live with us. He is 81 years old, and lives alone in Florida. We are in NY. My husband and I are very concerned about him. Lately, he has had to go to the hospital twice because he took the wrong medication which caused complications. He is not a difficult man to live with.

We live in a TINY home. He would have his own room and bathroom, but we would have to share all the rest of the house with him.

My husband lost his job, so he would be home with his father every day. Obviously, since we are the only people he has, he would have to come here or stay where he is. He would never consider AL accomodations.

My question is....how do you make that final decision that will alter your life from here on in? Even though it is the right thing to do, we are very scared that his being here would cause alot of stress.

We have not said anything to him yet, because we are trying to cover all the questions we have before we present it to him.

Thanks for listening, and I would truly appreciate any ideas you have.

Comments (7)

Sponsored