SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandmamary_ga

loss of social grace

grandmamary_ga
15 years ago

My MIL is in an assisted living facility. She is soon to be 88 years old. She has mild dementia. On medication for that. Has had many bouts of uti's. Her most recent problem has been brochitis which she has been treated with several antibiotics. Still has the coughing and problem with coughing up phlem.I'm sure I have spelled that wrong. Anyway she has taken to just spitting whereever she is, in her room on the walls, on the floor, in the dining room, in cloth napkins in glasses and on and on. My dh has asked her why she does this and her statement I guess I'm going crazy or the staff are liars. The director of the assit. living home has said that they have seen this in some patients and its called loss of social graces. Is this another step in the dementia or something else. Can it be treated. Will it stop. Will we have to put her somewhere else. She also has had a problem with not making it to the bathroom at night. Then everything has to be laundered and the carpet shampooed. sometimes daily. Its getting very frustrating for Dh who is her caregiver. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Mary

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator