SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnawb

hha

donnawb
15 years ago

I have been taking care of my DH that has been in a wheelchair since 2000 when he was diagnosed with MS. The had other problems before and has been on SSD since 1990. I applied for the medicaid waiver in 2000 and just got it in March 2008.

Well he can't get in the shower so they have to sponge bath him and everyone they send is new and doesn't know the first thing. I have been going through aides because some don't use soap (sheets were dirty and get changed twice a week) because then she has to rinse. One aide didn't want to change his cup that he uses after she does his teeth. The most disgusting thing that they all were doing is not changing gloves after personal care. Then they would go into my kitchen with the same GLOVES on and get him a drink. I have complained and then I get a new person who again doesn't speak much English and doesn't change gloves, puts water all over my night stands, etc. I finally got a sub one day and she knew what she was doing to my surprise. Apparently when I requested to have her full time they didn't want me to because they said she was a fill in. She told me she wasn't but they didn't want to give her any jobs. It seems that they like the inexperienced people to come because they get paid less so they (the company) gets to keep more money as they get paid $20 an hour for two hours.

I finally said that is it I will be looking for a new company and contacted the lady in charge of the medicaid waiver and told her all my problems. Now starting Saturday I will have someone with experience, we will see as they have said it before.

It is getting so stressful because that is the only time I can get so things done but can't because I have to keep watching them.

A NH is starting to look good to me again. I still have three kids at home that need my time also.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH