Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Williamson County (Georgetown) Texas rehab?

Posted by jubileej (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 08 at 2:29

Hi, I am an old time GWer, but new to this forum.

My father-in-law in Texas went into the hospital with pneumonia and was also having trouble standing up or moving feet - subsequent MRI showed signs of prev. undetected stroke.

He was transferred to a rehab facility, Park Place Care Ctr., rather quickly, I think - where he suffered a few nights after his arrival from hours of untreated, uncleaned up diarrhea and ended up back in the hospital with severe dehydration affecting his kidney function. I believe, in answer to the prayers of many, he has made a remarkable come-back, but - now we are once again faced with - where is it best for him to receive some short term rehab.?

Does anyone in the area have a recommendation? He is currently at St. David's Hospital in Georgetown, whose rehab dept was excellent for him a few years back, but they said they needed to outsource his therapy for his particular set of conditions at this time. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Williamson County (Georgetown) Texas rehab?

Talk to some of the medical staff at the hospital, social services at the hospital, Chaplin at hospital, look in phone book, and as to the rebab facility, Please put in a complaint both with the Care unit and state. Don't just put it on the back burner without letting someone know what happened. Ask St David's where they suggest.

o
RE: Williamson County (Georgetown) Texas rehab?

I am a oldie at this board, not been here for a long time, but I am sending you this link. It has a list of rehab places near Georgetown.
I just live down the road a ways from you. So knew we had some.

Here is a link that might be useful: Georgetown Rehab Facilities

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here