Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Does this wall work in the kitchen.

Aims
9 years ago

This is not drawn to scale. This is me on Paint drawing out what the trim man drew on our walls yesterday!

{{gwi:2134732}}

Length of the wall is 10 1/2 feet and height is 10 feet.

The end cap part is our broom and vacuum closet. I am happy to know that I don't have to shove my vacuum cleaner in a coat closet anymore.

I am most excited about the appliance garage. We have 2 outlets in there and we'll put the can opener, coffee maker, toaster, and something else in there and then shut it all away when not using. I would prefer to have pull out shelving for the appliances to rest on. We are still figuring out how we are going to open and close the space. I was thinking a regular cabinet door that is on rails like a car garage and it will open up and down.

The pantry will be more than enough for us and the glass upper cabinets will be for decoration.

{{gwi:2134733}}

On the other side of the kitchen, I am thinking we will do fork/knife/spoon, other utensil storage, and kitchen towels to the right of the sink. On the upper cabinets to the right and left of the window, those should probably be plates, bowls, and everyday drinking glasses because the sink and the dishwasher are right there.

The island has a large lazy Susan for all hubby's cooking gadgets. He has tons. Island will also have a pull out trashcan, and cookie sheet storage on the end of it. We have a downdraft cook top so we can't do storage below the cook top itself. I wonder if we can get spice storage in there some where. I'll inquire about that.

The cabinetry on the bottom of my drawing is where I am unsure. We'll need a junk drawer (or 2) because everyone has one. I think the set of 3 drawers by the broom closet is a good idea for the random stuff. What if we took the other part of the lower cabinets and got rid of the drawers and made them two doors that open and do pot and pan storage with pull out shelves. Since our cook top is in the middle of the kitchen on the island, they aren't far away at all. Think it will work?

Thanks and happy Sunday.

This post was edited by aimless07 on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 23:37

Comments (2)