Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Relative cost of Boral brick?

Posted by maggiepie11 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 23:03

we're in the process of evaluating bids from builders. we're just getting into the details of the elevation, and originally i thought any choice of boral brick was included standard. it turns out, we have a $300/thousand allowance for our brick selection. this particular builder includes a lot of higher end finishes standard, but $300/thousand doesn't seem like one of those higher end options.

does anyone have a price list (doesn't matter what location) that shows the relative difference between an entry level boral brick and their highest price option? i'm trying to get an aged light color brick - maybe some white, gray, taupe blend. i haven't seen any of them in person, but at this point i'm just trying to understand whether the $300/thousand is going to go up by 50% or if $300 covers most residential bricks at boral. any pricing info is helpful.

thanks!

PS: will brick dealers giving pricing over the phone to consumers? ha-i turned to this forum before picking up the phone! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Relative cost of Boral brick?

We got the the South Abbey for $320/1000.

o

thanks tnanock.

i spoke to a dealer in TX and he said the color/style doesn't really matter. their pricing is based on size of brick. the Queen brick is more expensive than King. Queen runs about $380/thousand. King runs about $300/thousand.

any other feedback?

o

Did the quote you got over the phone include the builder's discount or is that the 'I just walked in off the street and need some brick' price?

o

We paid 250/1000 for the Asbury in the queen size. We painted them so we wanted something with a nice texture that looked old and not "manufactured". We also tried out the 17th Century brick which is their most expensive brick and that was like 400/1000. It was very pretty and had we not been painting it we may have used it. It was a little too textured looking for me with the paint on it though . . .

Based on those prices, yours sound high.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here