Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herrdoktorprofessor

Juggling all the balls!

We are tantalizingly agonizingly close (yet so far away) to closing on our new construction. It seems like there is so much left to do. I feel like I'm juggling a million balls at once trying to coordinate everything before the holidays. We will be closing either the 19th (our preference) or the 23rd (builder's). We need to be out of our rental by January 1.

Sweating all of the final details, closing, arranging for appliances to be installed (builder will only install appliances they provide), packing, finding movers who can work around the holidays, all of the normal holiday crap (shopping etc.).

We were supposed to be in our house by mid-november so we put all of our christmas stuff (kid's stockings etc.) in storage and is not really accessible.

Plus my wife and I are professors so these next three weeks are incredibly busy with all of the end of semester business (final exams, submitting grades).

Meanwhile the four of us are all framed into a tiny apartment that has us all under each other's feet and skin.

Sweet jebus I need a stiff drink.

Comments (2)