Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lclanton58

Help with cv hide a hose

lclanton58
11 years ago

The forum has convinced me that I want a cv. I am having all hardwood and tile. The question be would I also need several vacsweep through out the house. Especially in all baths and kitchen and maybe one somewhere in den.
The reason I say this we are not very neat people. And my husband is a farmer. Everyday I should or at least need to sweep at doorway, around chair etc. I see myself just grabbing the broom and sweeping in to vent instead of pulling the house out.

Am I thinking right? Any comments are appreciated. And I hope I posted in right forum since this is my first post.

Linda
P.s. I also posted in remodel forum..Just wasn't sure.

Comments (6)

• lolauren
    11 years ago

I never use my vac pans (vacsweep.) It is easier to pull out my HAH (and much more effective as that thing has power!) I suppose it depends on how conveniently located your HAH outlet will be. Mine is just off the kitchen and mudroom, where I need to clean the most often. My broom is further away than the outlet.

Also, I find it difficult to get all crumbs and dirt into the vac pans. Crumbs get stuck around the edges of mine. Again, the HAH gets everything very easily.

• lclanton58
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Could I ask you lolauren what make and model you purchased. And did you do a self install or did your hire someone. Does my construction guy install these. We are not building a new home but gutting one or at least enough i think to install one.

Tia, Linda

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

lolauren - Thanks for that info! Do you just pull out the hose and the vacuum head attachment for the job or is there something else that is easier to manage? Do you sweep into a pile first if you don't use the attachment? I know this sounds like a crazy question, but I have used a vac pan in the past but never a HAH. It just seems clunky for the quick cleanup in the kitchen and mudroom. I would love to know the details of how you manage the quick clean. :) Are your inlets near your bathrooms?

For the OP... my installer was recommending vroom for bathroom use. You may want to look at that.

• lolauren
    11 years ago

We hired someone, and it was installed in our new build. The contractor who installed everything was our "low voltage guy." He was the same one who did wiring for security, surround sound and similar.

We have a Dirt Devil 799e Platinum Force with a 60 ft long HAH that is perfect for our 2600 sq. ft. home. That might not help you if your home is a different size, though. The location of our outlet is perfectly located so it is a couple feet from our kitchen, dining, living or mudroom. It is about 15 feet from our master bathroom. The area I store my attachments is a cabinet right next to the outlet. Thus, it is easy for me to pull out the hose, grab my attachment and vacuum. It might be easier to just grab a broom, but everything gets cleaner faster with the CV.

Momto3: I never sweep with a broom. There is a CV attachment that is about a foot wide that mimics the sweeping motion of a broom, but it sucks up the dirt while it goes. It isn't a "Vacuum head" technically... It looks like this:

I just run the attachment over my floor surface and the dust disappears the same as it would with a normal vacuum.

The vac pans I have are in my toe kicks under cabinetry. This makes it hard to see where the dirt is going if I were to sweep. It's hard to position myself to be able to see the opening while still pushing with a broom..... I am curious if others have a similar design and like it.

• tracey_b
    11 years ago

I'm in the minority when it comes the the cv we put in the new house 2 yrs ago (w/ HAH). I do like it for the "deep" cleanings, but prefer to sweep the high traffic areas daily (mudroom vicinity), and I also find it quicker to use a dust mop.

• sis3
    11 years ago

I have a vac pan in the kitchen and use it at night for a quick sweep of any crumbs etc. around the prep area before going to bed. The rest of the time I use the hose. The outlet is in the kitchen so it's very quick and easy to use.