Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindylou2006

We're in! (pics!)

cindylou2006
16 years ago

Until I can figure out how to share my photobucket album, here are some pics I've taken since we moved in last Sat.

Everyone here has been such a wealth of information! Thank You!!

Comments (36)

• rhome410
    16 years ago

Really gorgeous. Very homey and warm. It looks so comfy and settled, like you've been there for months. You are so fortunate to be in for the holidays! You did your stairs almost exactly like we're doing ours...Hard to find photos with carpeted stairs with wood trim like that. It's nice to see an example of how ours will look.

• karenyang
    16 years ago

Cindylou, your home is lovely! Can you share some details regarding your exterior stone and siding (including colors - love the combination you chose!). Beautiful!

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

rhome410- thank you, I've been following your progress also and look forward to seeing your home completed. It's a wonderful feeling- all frustrations have been forgotten!

gerberadaisy- thank you,yes! Our paint colors are Parker paint-Swishtail for the body and Kelly Moore- Greystone for the trim. The stone for the exterior and livingroom is El Dorado- Manzanita. The log pillars are fir trees that were milled on the property. They are one of my favorite parts of the exterior.

• jennymama
    16 years ago

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the holidays in your new home!

• nancyboregon
    16 years ago

Cindylou, it looks absolutely perfect. I remember that you posted a pic of your exterior awhile back and I've been really hoping that we would see more. If I had seen this before we started ours - I would have told our designer to just contact you - it is great!!! Ours has a very similar look with an angled garage and shakes and plank siding. Also looks like you really planned well in the kitchen. I just love it. Have a wonderful Christmas in your beautiful home.

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago

Cindy~

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your home turned out beautifully! It's just gorgeous.

A few of my faves: Love the bathtub, and the shower design with the sitting bench too, the adorable dog who looks like he/she is still figuring out what room he/she is in (smile), the kitchen.... my goodness, the beautiful kitchen!!, the wood floor color, the exterior house design/color. Okay, I love it all. It's beautiful! Good job on choosing beautiful finishes for a beautiful design.

Many happy years in your new home. Merry Christmas, and have a fun celebration in your new home!! So happy for you!! :O)

• jea2007
    16 years ago

Very Nice

well put together.

we just bought the same kitchen faucet, you will have to tell me how you like yours as ours won't be in for a number of weeks yet.

J

• minnt
    16 years ago

Stunning, just stunning! It looks really homey, yet very classy. I bet you are pinching yourself every day.

• trudymom
    16 years ago

Cindy, what a gorgeous job you did on your home. Everything just flows so well. Gorgeous kitchen. Congratulations!!

• slahgirl
    16 years ago

Hi Cindy-
    How wonderful to spend the holidays in your new home with your family.
    Would you mind sharing the diminsions of your kitchen? I love the layout! Thanks so much!!!

• jaymielo
    16 years ago

Cindy, I love it. The house has such a welcoming vibe. The kitchen and bathroom are fabulous. I also love the light fixture in the dining room (or nook?) and the tile in the kitchen backsplash and fireplace surround. Would you mind sharing sources for them? Your front door is also VERY beautiful. Was that a Wausau door? For some reason that is sticking in my mind...

Lovely home. Have a very happy holiday season enjoying it with friends and family!

Jaymie

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all! It's so nice to be on the sharing side! Between this and the kitchen forum, I feel as though I've had many seasoned professionals on my side to help me make, oh so many decisions...

nancy-what a nice compliment. I am not even close to being a designer, just copied from many magazines, pictures here and the finished kichen blog! Can't wait to see your home posted here. I love seeing people finish and sharing!

totallyblessed-LOL! Yes, our short, furry child is still getting his bearings-mostly preferring the spot in front of the fireplace! Thank you, your favorites are mine also, I'm tending to linger in the shower...

jea- love the faucet! It is very user friendly and the finish looks good all the time. Enjoy!

slahgirl- the kitchen is approx. 17x14 and the island is 4x6 with a 12 inch overhang. I love that we are no longer tripping over eachother! Everyone seems to want to hang out in the kitchen!

• txcat
    16 years ago

Really beautiful.

Can you tell me what the length is of your master vanity? I really like what you did with it.

TIA

Cat

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Wow, in for Christmas, lucky you. Very beautiful home.

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

txcat- thank you! The master sink bases are 39 inches and the vanity area is 27 inches. The counters are very fun, they are limestone tiles and there are little fossils in them. My daughter calls them worms, but I like them :)

brutuses-Yes, I never thought we'd be moving in December (it was supposed to be August, but I'm grateful to be here for Christmas. Few decorations, but we're here...

• willie_nunez
    16 years ago

cindylou,
    I LOVE your house. Obviously, you've put a lot of thought in the design of everything. You did a GREAT job. CONGRATULATIONS!

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jaymielo- sorry I missed answering your questions...the tile was from a local (Seattle) company. It's a four inch slate tile. If you would like the name, I'd be happy to look it up for you. I think many places have this particular tile. Also, the front door is a Simpson fir door. It's from their Bungalow collection.

• kemptoncourt
    16 years ago

Cindy,

Terrific house! You have great vision. Not a space in the photos I didn't like. Love the Crafstman/Shaker cabinetry. What brand of cabinets are they? Is your siding fiber-cement or hardboard? What's the width/brand on your fireplace/tv niche?
    Again just a wonderful house. You must be very proud of your ideas and the choices you've made.

• Denise Evans
    16 years ago

Congratulations, Cindy! What a lovely home. Your tile is fantastic and I love the kitchen. Best Wishes!

Denise

• kcthatsme
    16 years ago

I really like that your interior compliments the style of your exterior. From your cabinet choice to your wood flooring, to what you did in the master bathroom, to your lighting over the dining room table, etc. I really like your kitchen backsplash choice. I also thought it was fun that you were already able to get your Christmas tree and decorate it and have other holiday items out already. I thought you did a nice job with your tile choices in the master bathroom. I also like what you did with the mirror and I like your tub. That room really has a peaceful, serene quality to it.

Congratulations on moving in to your beautiful home!

• Meghane
    16 years ago

I absolutely LOVE the cabinetry throughout your home- it is gorgeous! What is it? Your home is beautiful, congratulations.

• atlasvi
    16 years ago

I love your house. I haven't seen a bench in the bathroom like yours; very creative.

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all! Our vision from the start was to build a home that was warm and inviting, sort of a "woodland retreat". I enjoy having people over, it's a very casual home and people usually hang out in the kitchen!

kemptoncourt-Our cabinets are knotty alder from Canyon Creek here in WA state. The siding is Hardie Siding. No TV yet...but the niche is 56wide 3ft.high and 11 inches deep. DH is having fun shopping for that particular space :)

kcthatsme-Christmas is very mellow this year! Nativity and our tree were the first things up, before we even unpacked!
    Kids are playing Christmas music on the piano and I love how it really fills the house!

atlasvi- thanks, I love the bench also. It is solid cement inside, I was there when it was filled! It is really nice to have in the steam shower.

• pinktoes
    16 years ago

It's just perfect! Really. You were very consistent in your selections, which ties it all together. Yet you managed to take a classic craftsman rustic. We have a lot of original craftsman homes in the older neighborhoods intown here (Atlanta, GA), but they didn't use a rustic touch. They look more "city." Yours is the direction I would have gone for today. And your locale.

We're doing the same style cabinetry and similar door/window trim as yours. Now I wish we had a fireplace, because I'd love to copy your entire mantelpiece. LOVE carrying the trim through to the mantel. I've never seen that done and it's the perfect choice: elegant simplicity! That's how I would describe your home.

Merry Christmas!

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

pinktoes- Thank you! I like the term Rustic Craftsman, it does describe what we've done, yet I couldn't really name it. Best wishes on your build!
    Merry Christmas all!

• luckymom23
    16 years ago

Cindy,
    Your home is lovely, so many beautiful spaces to comment on! I LOVE your bathtub! My son's comment: you could really get alot of boats in there... :) Yes, honey that's just what Mommy was thinking too... LOL! I love your slate tile, is it 'smoother' than regular slate? I have seen some lately in an open house that looked like it was buffed down or something, really pretty and yours reminds me of that. Also, can you tell me about your hardwood floors? They are just what we are looking for in terms of color and feel. Gorgeous house, love it all! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and have fun making some new memories!

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

luckymom23- LOL! love your son's comment!
    The tumbled slate is really not smooth, it's probably hard to tell in the pictures. It is rather rough, but we sealed it before grouting so that the clefting and roughness would show. I really like the texture, it adds an interesting dimension.

Our floors are Spotted Gum- I believe they are in the eculyptus(sp?) family. We chose them because they are very hard and the color was not too dark or too red. We also chose the character grade which has more knots and variation for color. thanks for the nice compliments! Merry Christmas to you!

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

Beautiful house! Love the stairs, we're probably going to do the same thing you did with the iron, but will have to wait until we're in since the house was a spec house. Love all of the tile you picked and cabinet / floor colors.

• piasano
    16 years ago

Warm and inviting ~ I love the way the sun spills into the kitchen. Beautiful view from the dining room, too.

Are you settled enough that you will be cooking Christmas dinner in the new house?

Just a beautiful home!

:)

Barbara

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I am still waking up and wondering if I'm dreaming, I love it here so much!
    We are feeling much more settled than I thought we would be. My folks always have Christmas, so I won't be cooking on Christmas day. We may, however invite people over for a casual Christmas eve thing after church. Everyone brings snacks and treats I just put on coffe and cider. It's always fun and gets all the kids tired enough to go to sleep!

• luckymom23
    16 years ago

Cindy,
    I am dreaming over your floors...:) Would you mind sharing how much they were psf? How they compare to say oak? We have seen some different grades of oak-'character grade' like you say, with knots and more variations that we like but I just can't get over yours! Also, would you mind telling me what type of tub that is in the master?
    Sounds like a lovely Christmas Eve in your new home, Enjoy!
    Lucky

• DYH
    16 years ago

Beautiful home! The details are very special. It looks like you have a wonderful setting there, too.

Congratulations! May you have Happy Holidays in your new home!

Cameron

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

I thought I commented on your pictures already but I don't see my post. I guess I really am losing it these last few crazy days before the holidays. LOL

Anyway...your home turned out spectacular Cindy! Like everyone else, I also love your kitchen and the floors too. I haven't seen Spotted Gum before and it's just gorgeous! I also am a fan of El Dorado Stone. Really great job on everything! Enjoy every minute of your new home!

Lindy

• owl_at_home
    16 years ago

It looks great! I especially like the kitchen and the front door.
    Congratulations on being in! It's still like a faraway dream to me, even though it's only a few weeks away.

• cindylou2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lucky-thank you, I'm really not sure of the price on the floors. Honestly, my DH was in charge of everything behind the walls and budget, and I was in charge of picking out finishes and detail stuff. It was a great way to divide it out and very few disagreements. I'm sure they were more than oak, because they are considered an exotic, like brazillian cherry.
    The tub is called Piedmont, and we ordered it from Sunrise Speciality. I've spent some quality time there...it's wonderful.

Lindy-actually you're not losing it. You left a very nice comment on the kitchen forum, from the photos I posted there. Thank you again, you are one who has been very helpful and encouraging along the way.

Owl- Honestly, it didn't seem really real until we had packed up the boxes the week before our move. After 3 years of planning and an 18 month build, it seemed as if move-in day would never come. Best wishes on your move!

• kimkss
    16 years ago

Cindylou - I know this is an old blog but I really like your window trim, baseboards, etc. What wood is it? It is hard to tell from the pictures.