Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what colors to choose for my exterior?

Posted by Hoinoy (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 17:56

My wife and I have decided on cement fiber siding, stone veneer, and standing seam overhangs. Only thing we are sure about is that we prefer a darker brown with a hint of red to the metal seams. Don't know what to do with the siding colors and stone veneers.

We like the looks of iron gray or boothbay blue from Hardi, but woodstock brown may go better with more stone choices.

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what colors to choose for my exterior?

I would start with the stone...much easier to match paint colors to it than the other way around....

o

Beautiful elevation. I know you didn't ask about this but is there any way to get rid of the pork returns? I've linked a more pleasing approach IMHO.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tudor stone

o

love it this exterior!

not sure if this is what you like..but the link below sort of looks like woodstock brown, and may help with stone selection.

we are building a house based on this house...and woodstock brown was one of the samples that resembled this house.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/165338/Exterior-traditional-exterior-minneapolis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here