Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Location of Fireplace help

Posted by kassikolo (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 17:31

I am trying to decide whether to leave fireplace in the corner, or put it on the wall between windows (where its marked red)...
What do you think will be better?Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Location of Fireplace help

Picking from your two options... corner.

o

I think it depends on what else will be in the room. TV? sofas? how big?

o

TV is going on the wall where Master bedroom is..next to the books we will have piano..Sofas will go around tv and i would like a chair or two next to fireplace.

o

TV is going on the wall where Master bedroom is..next to the books we will have piano..Sofas will go around tv and i would like a chair or two next to fireplace.

o

Your best bet is to sketch mock-ups of various furniture arrangements, to scale, including your piano. Acess and circulation to and through the space will also be a determinant.

There is no "best" fireplace location, only the location that works with the furniture choices and arrangement that you will use.

Good luck with your project.

o

How do i go around sketching furniture to scale..is there a free software i can download?

o

Well problem solved..It is staying in the corner..with our piano being on one wall i definitely need to stick to the corner so there is a room for couch to watch tv
Thank you for help!

o

Well problem solved..It is staying in the corner..with our piano being on one wall i definitely need to stick to the corner so there is a room for couch to watch tv
Thank you for help!

o

Kassikolo, all you need is a pencil, some blank paper and an architect's scale, available from a drafting or artist supply store. No computer, no software needed. Just the old fashioned analog way!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here