Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsb1227

Show me your Benjamin Moore Grays!

mrsb1227
9 years ago

Hello everyone,
Trying to narrow done our choices for main paint color and all I know is that I want a lightish gray. Would love to see pictures of your gray rooms to help me with my selection.

This post was edited by MrsB1227 on Tue, Dec 16, 14 at 15:28

Comments (14)

• pps7
    9 years ago

Colors I have used..all BM:

Edgecomb gray: more of a cool beige. Good neutral. I used it for hallways, staircase etc. When I repaint, I will try gray owl, which is less beige.

Gray wisp: blue-green. Very pretty but definitely a color.

Silver Fox: turned a bit purple. Don't love it.

Coventry gray: I've used it on furniture and I love it. A bit cooler than greige.

sea haze: a bit of a green undertone but very pretty. On eo f the darker colors.

Kingsport gray: more of a cool brown but very nice. Especially with gold accents.

• mrsb1227
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks pps! I'm leaning towards Gray Owl at the moment but am worried it might be too light. I guess what I'm searching for is something in between light and medium gray, if that exists, lol.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

We used Sherwin Williams Tinsmith throughout our entire house. We looked at a LOT of grey. I'm sure BM has an equivalent color. It was the only one we found that did not have pink/purple undertones anywhere in the house:

Tinsmith:

More pics here.

This post was edited by beaglesdoitbetter on Wed, Dec 17, 14 at 16:58

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

I have gray owl in my daughter's room. The ceiling is SW swept away.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

We have Edgecomb gray in the guest room. You can see how much warmer the color is than gray owl.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Last one. This shows the gray owl contrasted with the Simply White trim.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

BM Metropolitan

• frozenelves
    9 years ago

We did gray owl in open spaces of basement, master bedroom and office. It looks different in every room and at different times of day. We used coventry gray in foyer, great room and hallways on main level. I regret the coventry, it looks 80s to me and we have wood stained trim. I wish I had done gray owl and will be repainting with it over the coventry at some point. I love the gray owl.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

Here is BM's Stonington Gray in my daughters north facing living room on a very bright sunny day. She tried at least 6 different grays before finding one that didn't show purple or blue undertones in her space:

• romy718
    9 years ago

BM Coventry Gray

• mrsb1227
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! Super helpful!

• mrsb1227
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Figured I would follow up on my own thread. I ended up choosing Stonington Gray and am very happy with it. We did the entire house the same color and it really is incredible how different the color looks in various rooms. It looks like a true gray in our foyer, but in our living room and study it looks like a greige.
    Here are some pics.

• mrsb1227
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Foyer looking into living room