Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prefab homes

Posted by ellendi (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 15:11

Welive in the northeast and are thinking about buying land upstate for a second home.
Anyone have experience with companies they could recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prefab homes

I don't have experience, but we considered using Westchester Homes to build our house. But in our case, it didn't make sense as we didn't want to be limited to 16' boxes to build it, and we were finishing off half the basement which all would've been custom anyway. But at the time, they seemed to be pretty good...we toured their factory and all. However, that was before the housing crash and I'd want to vet them again as many housing firms are not emerging from the crash in the same condition they went in...if they're emerging at all.

Here is a link that might be useful: Westchester

o

Thanks Annie! There are a few in my neighborhood and I am very impressed by them. I will probably see where they are from.
I would love to see samples, as I would have a hard time with just blueprints.

o

They have a house to tour on Rte 6 near the Bethel/Danbury town line.

Looks like they have one to tour in Brewster too.

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 9:14

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here