Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elacey1909

what will this brick look like as a house?

elacey1909
9 years ago

My father-in-law will be bricking our new home which is a huge gift for us but his preference for brick type and brand makes our selections limited. We are trying to make our choice so that we can choose the window trim color and shingles. Can anyone give me an idea of how this brick will look as a house? This is a new brick for the company so they do not have any sample pics on their website and the store has also not sold any of the bricks either. Makes it pretty difficult! I am really struggling with this choice.

Comments (8)

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

Kinda depends on the house itself, and how and where the brick is planned to be used. It's a lovely traditional brick and would complement a traditionally designed Colonial etc. It would be completely wierd on a modern flat roof glass box of a house though.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Would look good with various rust and dark taupe (grey-brown) roofing, bronze or light grey-brown trim.

I can totally see it in a modern style, with some greyed wood trim or panels.

• zorroslw1
    9 years ago

We are building and trying to decide on brick for just the front of the house.
    I like this brick because it seems to kinda blend, no whole black or white bricks standing out which is what we are looking for. Our house will have silver grey siding. Thought about using varied grey brick but changed our minds, thought it looked "cheap".

• elacey1909
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Our home is going to be a traditional two story and will be completely brick. I do think these colors are pretty safe, might try to find an option where the bricks have less variation in the single brick but the general theme is the same. This is a tough choice! We had originally picked a light grayish window color but we are wondering if white is the safe bet. Thanks for the opinions, I was afraid of having a pink house!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I like it. It's not too pink, not too orange and has a nice blend of taupes and grays in it.

• worthy
    9 years ago

The best way to pick out brick/stone for your new home is to see existing homes clad in the same product viewed at various times of the day.

Some masonry suppliers have sample walls on site as well. Or you can have your mason build some samples; be sure to consider the effect of different colour mortars, bonds and jointing styles.

Standing two feet away and staring at six or seven bricks/stones is not the way most people see their homes.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    9 years ago

That looks very similar to ours. I can remember how hard of a decision that was and you sure don't want to make a bad choice on something so big!

I'll look for a closer in picture.

• gold566
    9 years ago

Looks similar to ours as well. We used a dark brown mortar that blended in and had it raked. You see the beauty of the brick and not the lines from mortar. That was our preference for ours.

What a fabulous gift from your father-in-law! Lucky you.