Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dutch Door Source?

Posted by chris11895 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 13:53

Hi,
We'd like to do a Dutch Door in our new build. Can anyone recommend the best company to use for these? Also, if you did one, please post a picture of your Dutch Door!

Thanks!
Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dutch Door Source?

My brother had one made as an interior door to separate the workroom from the showroom in his retail shop. He used the existing door, had it cut, hinges added and a small shelf put on top of the bottom door so he can lean on it and chat with customers. As an exterior door, depending on your climate, I imagine weatherstripping would be difficult if not impossible. The company linked below makes custom doors and that may be your best option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemieux Doors

o

both Simpson and Jeldwn have Dutch doors

o

both Simpson and Jeldwn have Dutch doors

o

Lemieux, Simpson, Jeldwen and many others all make the doors themselves but you will need a millwork supply house to have the unit put into a frame of prehung if you will. Dutch Doors while nice are as mentioned above about impossible to weatherstrip well and will be quite energy inefficient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here