Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Laurensmom21

ILoveRed
11 years ago

How is your house coming along? Are you still happy with your architect?

Any updates to post?

Comments (3)

• laurensmom21
    11 years ago

Hello!

Thanks for checking in on me! Sorry I have been mia lately. It's hard to believe I'm writing this, but I actually received FINAL plans from our architect on Tues! After looking at a gazillion plans online, going through 3 architects, and designing this thing for 2+ years - this was quite the momentous occasion for me :) I wanted to get a pic with the plans, but dh swooped in and took them off to bid before I even had a chance to do so, lol!

I hesitate to even post the finals because I know people will critique things and I can't change anything now (well nothing structurally at least). But I will post them here shortly on a new thread. I am very excited and a little nervous, because now we need to actually figure out how much everything is going to cost. Not sure if I told you, but we are building this thing ourselves (dh is acting as builder/gc and will diy much of it himself). Which will save us a bundle of $$ but now we have to do TONS of legwork and get bids from everyone, resource fixtures, etc..

We built our current house ourselves almost 6 years ago, but it is just a very basic 3 bed/ 2bath ranch, 1900 sqft. So we have some idea of what to do... but this new house is much larger and more custom (at least I'm hoping for a lot more details - wider trim, lots of transoms, horizontal plank walls, nicer light fixtures, etc..) Although much of this might not be finished for several years down the road!

Let me get the plans in photobucket and then I'll post...

take care!
    christy :)

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just saw your other thread. Don't know if you remember from our email but I'm just an hour south of you. I may contact your architect. He did a wonderful job on your house. I am so excited for you.

• laurensmom21
    11 years ago

yes - I remember you! Feel free to email me if you want any additional info :) good luck with your plans!