Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAH 30' versus 50'

Posted by Linda37160 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 10:29

My installers wants me to go 30' hoses installed 2 extra. but if i go 50' i want need them.

Do I lose suction with a 50' hose.

Of course I want to be cost effective but I also want to have the easiest on me.

I just need help with this decision. I live near nashville and evidently the HAH has not be installed very much. I think the CV in the past have scared mines around here.

But this forum has convinced me IT IS A MUST. He is installing the MD system. Got any comments on that.

Advice please, Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAH 30' versus 50'

Do one 50'... or even 60'. I have a 60'. It is so much easier to just use one outlet than to use two (pulling the hose out twice, moving the attachments around the house, etc. Having one outlet with the attachments stored nearby is really convenient.) Do you have a convenient central location for the longer hose? Having just one will save on not needing all the extra tubing, also...

I am not sure if you need a slightly stronger vacuum for the longer hose.. hopefully someone else can comment on that.

o
RE: HAH 30' versus 50'

agree with lolauren - (who also told me I'd be fine with the 60' when i was debating what to do...great advice) :)

I went with a 60' in basement, a 60' in the upper and 2 on the main floor (40 each, I think just bc a 60' wouldn't do it the way the floor plan is laid out)

The actual vacuum is important though - depending on house size, etc - we went with Honeywell H902 - LOVE IT! There is nothing this vacuum doesn't suck up...including on carpet :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here