Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mydreamhome_gw

Scrappy25 - Pics You Requested

mydreamhome
12 years ago

Hi Scrappy--Here's the photos you requested of the flush glazed fiberglass patio doors made by Plastpro I talked about in cottonpenny's post on saving $$$ & the windows. It's been a while, so I thought I'd post it to you vs. on the old thread. Sorry it took so long--camera difficulties.

Flush Glazed Door Interior:

Door & Windows Interior:

Closeup of Flush Glazed Frame:

Doors & Windows Exterior:

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastpro Flush Glazed Fiberglass Onelite Doors

Comments (6)

• scrappy25
    12 years ago

what a nice surprise to come on and see my name at the top! Those doors and windows look awesome, and there is a distributor less than 10 miles from me! only thing is, they work only with contractors but I'll have a def lead on more affordable doors and windows with your information here. Thank you SO much!

• mydreamhome
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the compliment, Scrappy. I truly hope this helps you out. I know I was thrilled when I found these doors (I had to go to a different building supplier than the one my builder used to find them!) DH didn't even get to see these doors until they arrived & he was VERY impressed. I think there is a link on the Plastpro site to locate distributors in your area. Once you've located a distributor, you can generally call them & ask which building supply houses they work with in your area & take it from there.

Originally we were set up for 3 sets of French doors across the back of the house--Cha-Ching!$!$! For cost reasons, we went with the 2 single doors flanking the 3 center windows. I will tell you, the only thing I would have done different was that I would have been more cognizant of the transom glass sizes matching up--my windows needed to be slightly shorter & the transoms above them slightly taller to perfectly match the doors & their transoms. Don't know if you're planning a similar set up, but thought you might benefit from my oversight if so :-)

• scrappy25
    10 years ago

Mydreamhome, just saw this reply, sorry so late! Your doors and windows look awesome and I am sure that no one would notice the slight difference in transoms except for you! I searched some other threads of yours- are those windows Marvin Integrity with GBG? thanks!

• CamG
    10 years ago

Mydreamhome, are your knobs and hinges black or ORB? Thanks!

• mydreamhome
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi CamG--They are actually Venetian bronze made by Architectural Ironworks. They are now Longleaf Collection out of Albemarle, NC. I've attached a link below to their configuration builder site. The ones we have are a 50N backplate with a #2 handle and then you simply select which function you want the hardware to have (passage/privacy/dummy/etc).

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: LongLeaf Configuration Builder Site

• Robynn
    7 years ago

Hi! Your post led me to research the Plastpro Onelight french doors. I wanted them with SDL's but they only offer those with a 3/4 light door. So, thinking about the GBG's. Plastpro told me that they measure 1 1/2 inches, but they don't look that wide in your photos. The SDL's are supposed to be that wide also. Can you confirm the width of the GBG bars in your doors, and if they have any profile at all, or are they just flat? Would really appreciate your help as there is nowhere I can drive to see them in person.