Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrappy25 - Pics You Requested

Posted by mydreamhome (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 8:59

Hi Scrappy--Here's the photos you requested of the flush glazed fiberglass patio doors made by Plastpro I talked about in cottonpenny's post on saving $$$ & the windows. It's been a while, so I thought I'd post it to you vs. on the old thread. Sorry it took so long--camera difficulties.

Flush Glazed Door Interior:
Photobucket

Door & Windows Interior:
Photobucket

Closeup of Flush Glazed Frame:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Doors & Windows Exterior:
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastpro Flush Glazed Fiberglass Onelite Doors

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrappy25 - Pics You Requested

what a nice surprise to come on and see my name at the top! Those doors and windows look awesome, and there is a distributor less than 10 miles from me! only thing is, they work only with contractors but I'll have a def lead on more affordable doors and windows with your information here. Thank you SO much!

o

Thanks for the compliment, Scrappy. I truly hope this helps you out. I know I was thrilled when I found these doors (I had to go to a different building supplier than the one my builder used to find them!) DH didn't even get to see these doors until they arrived & he was VERY impressed. I think there is a link on the Plastpro site to locate distributors in your area. Once you've located a distributor, you can generally call them & ask which building supply houses they work with in your area & take it from there.

Originally we were set up for 3 sets of French doors across the back of the house--Cha-Ching!$!$! For cost reasons, we went with the 2 single doors flanking the 3 center windows. I will tell you, the only thing I would have done different was that I would have been more cognizant of the transom glass sizes matching up--my windows needed to be slightly shorter & the transoms above them slightly taller to perfectly match the doors & their transoms. Don't know if you're planning a similar set up, but thought you might benefit from my oversight if so :-)

o

Mydreamhome, just saw this reply, sorry so late! Your doors and windows look awesome and I am sure that no one would notice the slight difference in transoms except for you! I searched some other threads of yours- are those windows Marvin Integrity with GBG? thanks!

o

Mydreamhome, are your knobs and hinges black or ORB? Thanks!

o

Hi CamG--They are actually Venetian bronze made by Architectural Ironworks. They are now Longleaf Collection out of Albemarle, NC. I've attached a link below to their configuration builder site. The ones we have are a 50N backplate with a #2 handle and then you simply select which function you want the hardware to have (passage/privacy/dummy/etc).

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: LongLeaf Configuration Builder Site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here