Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
askeptic_gw

Signature Hardware - Shower Systems

askeptic
9 years ago

Hello guys / gals,

Has anyone purchased a shower products from Signature Hardware? My wife and I found two shower sets there that we can't find anywhere else, and we are hesitant to purchase from them.

I am curious about the quality of their product. I bothers me that there are literately no reviews to be found on their shower products, whether it be on their website or else where.

Is there any other comparable website to check shower systems on? Other sites seem to be priced three times the amount of signature hardware for the same thing.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Comments (11)

• _sophiewheeler
    9 years ago

Cheap crappy import stuff that you never wnt to put inside a wall. Go with a decent name brand like Hansgrohe or Kohler for those items like showers and tubs. Those have great difficuty being changed if they are defective.

• askeptic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Are you able to direct me to any other website where they sell complete shower systems? I am not a plumber and am currently in the process of having a house built. The builder wants me to select a system so that the plumber knows what he needs in order to rough it in. I liked Signature HW because they sold "systems" that required me to not need any knowledge as it came with the panel / diverter and heads. I have a very hard time online finding anyone else who can sell me the panel / diveter as a kit.

So any help with finding another website with more reliable product where they can be sold as "systems" would be great.

As a reference, here is what I was originally looking at:

http://www.signaturehardware.com/exira-thermostatic-shower-system-dual-showerheads-hand-sprayer-4-body-jets.html

The one thing I liked most about that "system" was the vertical control panel and knobs apposed to the large round lever you see in 99% of bathrooms.

Thank you!

• askeptic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

For the record, this is a great tool but only comes in Chrome.

http://usa.hudsonreed.com/design-your-own-3-outlet-concealed-shower.html

Anything else like this out there where it can be changed to Oil-Brushed-Bronze (or comparable) would be great! I wish more sites had a shower builder this intuitive.

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

Go with Kohler. Call the tech line if you need help. But, your plumber should really be doing this. (Yes, he'll charge you extra.) If you get it wrong, you're on the hook for the extra time and materials that it will take to correct it.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

Why don't you start at a local bath fixture store? If you don't have one nearby you might at least look at a bunch of major names (Delta, Moen, Hansgrohe, Grohe, Kohler etc.) on build.com or similar sites. Those sites also let you whittle down your selections to comply with any low-lead/low-flow or similar restrictions in your area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots of shower systems

• NWHobart
    9 years ago

I ran into the same challenges you did and finally had to bite the bullet and set up an appt with the plumbing house. I selected my shower systems, they wrote the part numbers down (since they knew exactly what I needed) and gave the bid to my plumber and I bought all the rough in and trim out through him for shower systems only. We went with Kohler and have been happy.

I bought ALL the other faucets, sinks, and toilets for the entire house from websites such as build.com, faucetsdirect.com where I could shop around for best price, style, etc... and didn't have to worry about holding up the plumber because I bought the wrong parts.

• nepool
    9 years ago

You are stressing a lot about the fact you need to buy it as a 'system'. Just choose your diverter/trim set based on the style you like. If you order online, it will say on the site "Rough model XXXX" required for this shower set. The rough always goes with the brand of the trim, so if you go Kohler, it will be a Kohler rough, Hansgrohe will have a Hansgrohe rough. I have Hansgrohe in my current house and love it!

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

^THAT is the wonderful value added pro type of advice that really benefits these forums!

• tamizami
    8 years ago

i have used signature hardware products with success, but nothing i put in the walls. i used hansgrohe axor line in the walls (thermostatic valve) and then signature hardware handheld and shower head. works like a charm.

• PRO
    CASEY BUILDING SOLUTIONS
    8 years ago

If you are not in Cali, why not run 3/4" lines to the Master Bath and install two valves one controlling side showerhead and another one for above. $300 vs $685.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH