Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Virtual Tour of potential floor plan for Review!

Posted by pittkol (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 20:41

I thought some of you regulars would get a kick out of my potential future house's floor plan laid out in a game called Minecraft. I posted my floor plan on here last week and appreciated all the feedback I received.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxaNqZjCO7HaTU52ejVlVmI5eVE

Minecraft is a really cool game for all you big kids out there. If you want to see some incredible creations, search for "Top Minecraft builds" on YouTube.
Thanks
Kol

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor plan created in Minecraft.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Virtual Tour of potential floor plan for Review!

At 10 and a half minutes long... I'll pass.

Besides, why design a fantasy house inside a game? It's not like you can actually build it.

I thought you were looking for "creating a floor plan that would be the starting point for most houses in that price range."

o

That is the actual house I plan to build and I think it could be a great starting point for folks looking for a 4 bedroom house with the master on the first floor.

Don't knock it until you at least take a minute peak.

o

It's kind of jarring to look at to be honest, but my kids thought it was cool!

o

Deleting a rude post. Sorry.

This post was edited by zone4newby on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 11:21

o

When you mentioned Minecraft I didn't even look at the link.

As the mom of two ten yr old boys I have to say that Minecraft is from the devil. OK just kidding, but not really.

Right now, they are on an Amish holiday. Banned from all electronics, except Kindle. No Minecraft in this house until Christmas break :-)

The only good thing about it is that my visual spatial child learns about design but too addicting.

o

I think you provided this more for fun than constructive feedback anyway, and I think it is awesome, as does my son who is very much into minecraft. Good job!

o

I haven't even checked the link out yet, but had to add that my boys would be so impressed. They keep telling me I would love the game so much and could stop using so much graph paper:)

o

"Don't knock it until you at least take a minute peak. "

Gave it just under a minute and a half PEEK (so I guess I CAN knock it!).

o

Yes andry, I did mainly provided it for fun and thought some of the creative thinkers around here would get a kick out of it but it seems that a lot of the folks here are very serious.
Thanks for understanding.

o

My kids love Minecraft and I think it's a great game for them to play. I'll take it anyday over shoot em up games. The only thing that I hate it having to try and get a few minutes on the computer for myself.

o

Darnit link is broken..did ya take it down? Pity if so, leave it up and tell the naysayers to pull the stick outa their..and have some fun!

o

Haha, I could see this game being very addicting. I remember building houses on The Sims for endless hours in University. :P

o

The link still works for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Minecraft floorplan

o

Ok, I tried but couldn't since I don't have adobe flash drive (iPad).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here