Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pittkol_gw

Virtual Tour of potential floor plan for Review!

pittkol
11 years ago

I thought some of you regulars would get a kick out of my potential future house's floor plan laid out in a game called Minecraft. I posted my floor plan on here last week and appreciated all the feedback I received.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxaNqZjCO7HaTU52ejVlVmI5eVE

Minecraft is a really cool game for all you big kids out there. If you want to see some incredible creations, search for "Top Minecraft builds" on YouTube.
Thanks
Kol

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor plan created in Minecraft.

Comments (14)

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

At 10 and a half minutes long... I'll pass.

Besides, why design a fantasy house inside a game? It's not like you can actually build it.

I thought you were looking for "creating a floor plan that would be the starting point for most houses in that price range."

• pittkol
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That is the actual house I plan to build and I think it could be a great starting point for folks looking for a 4 bedroom house with the master on the first floor.

Don't knock it until you at least take a minute peak.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

It's kind of jarring to look at to be honest, but my kids thought it was cool!

• zone4newby
    11 years ago

Deleting a rude post. Sorry.

This post was edited by zone4newby on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 11:21

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

When you mentioned Minecraft I didn't even look at the link.

As the mom of two ten yr old boys I have to say that Minecraft is from the devil. OK just kidding, but not really.

Right now, they are on an Amish holiday. Banned from all electronics, except Kindle. No Minecraft in this house until Christmas break :-)

The only good thing about it is that my visual spatial child learns about design but too addicting.

• andry
    11 years ago

I think you provided this more for fun than constructive feedback anyway, and I think it is awesome, as does my son who is very much into minecraft. Good job!

• mommyto4boys
    11 years ago

I haven't even checked the link out yet, but had to add that my boys would be so impressed. They keep telling me I would love the game so much and could stop using so much graph paper:)

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

"Don't knock it until you at least take a minute peak. "

Gave it just under a minute and a half PEEK (so I guess I CAN knock it!).

• pittkol
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes andry, I did mainly provided it for fun and thought some of the creative thinkers around here would get a kick out of it but it seems that a lot of the folks here are very serious.
    Thanks for understanding.

• frozenelves
    11 years ago

My kids love Minecraft and I think it's a great game for them to play. I'll take it anyday over shoot em up games. The only thing that I hate it having to try and get a few minutes on the computer for myself.

• niteshadepromises
    11 years ago

Darnit link is broken..did ya take it down? Pity if so, leave it up and tell the naysayers to pull the stick outa their..and have some fun!

• bjewell1
    11 years ago

Haha, I could see this game being very addicting. I remember building houses on The Sims for endless hours in University. :P

• pittkol
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The link still works for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Minecraft floorplan

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Ok, I tried but couldn't since I don't have adobe flash drive (iPad).