Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
building_a_house_gw

Meeting w Plumber and GC Tomorrow - What do I need to know?

building_a_house
11 years ago

Meeting with the plumber and my builder tomorrow to discuss roughing in a kitchenette in the basement, piping in plumbing/gas for an outdoor kitchen/bar for the future, etc.

What else do I need to ask or discuss? Right now the footers are poured and the basement is getting ready to go in next.

Comments (2)

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

If you want all of that, then you want a bathroom too. Make it a full bath with a shower and it can serve for guest access as well. What about a gas fireplace in the basement? Where is your laundry room? How will you be heating the basement? Hydryonic heat would be a way to keep what is usually a pretty cool location toasty warm. But you'd need to plan for the boiler and the PEX loops.

Also, many locations prohibit a second full kitchen, so be SURE that you are allowed to put in a range and vent. This is to keep the home from potentially being a rental in the future. You'd sure hate to fail inspection and have to yank everything out!

• building_a_house
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, the interior plumbing areas are already planned. There is a full bath and full bedroom already planned for the basement. The house will have geo-thermal heat including the basement, main floor and second floor.

This would mainly be for anything that I wanted in the future like the kitchenette or outdoor kitchen/bbq.

Just trying to make sure there is nothing else that I should add or "rough in" that I am not thinking about.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm