Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Knobs vs Pulls

Aims
9 years ago

I really like the idea of having pulls on all the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. I guess I feel like it will look more uniformed. Our kitchen opens up to the living room so I was thinking the pulls on the cabinetry by the fireplace too

DH wants knobs on the drawers and pulls on the doors.

The pic I attached is what I submitted to our builder for what we wanted in terms of style and I like the pulls on the drawers. I don't know if we are going to have those little upper cabinets or have single doors that go all the way up to the ceiling. We will be meeting the trim guy soon to make those decisions. I assume having separated high cabinets will be more expensive? If it's that much more, we'll probably do the single door.

We like the Liberty Plaza pull from Home Depot. They have coordinating little knob called Citation.

I am not opposed to knobs like if we wanted to have them in the restrooms. I would just want all knobs in there or all handles.

Am I being weird?

Here is a link that might be useful: Libery Plaza Pull

Comments (13)

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

I don't mind knobs mixed with pulls. If mixing, I would do knobs on doors and pulls on drawers. No rhyme or reason though. I ended up buying cup pulls, large and medium pulls similar to what you posted and also knobs. I am mixing them all over the house. They all coordinate and look good, I think :)

• jackfre
    9 years ago

Ah, the old knobs vs pulls debate. This is what we did.

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

Knobs on doors and pulls on drawers right? The hardware is a bit hard to see on my monitor.

• aam31
    9 years ago

I agree with knobs on doors and pulls on drawers.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

It really is a matter of taste. We did a mix. Pulls on drawers and upper cabs, but knobs on the glass fronted upper upper cabs, knobs on lower doors and the desk drawer. I dunno...somehow the mix seemed to work ok for us.

• jenniekehr
    9 years ago

We are using pulls for everything in our kitchen, master bath, and family room built-ins. In the MIL quarters we did a mix, pulls on drawers and knobs on doors.

• Aims
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I talked to DH and I got it backwards. Knobs on doors and pulls on drawers is what he was talking about so yall were correct on that. I am still wanting to stick to my guns because of the uniformity of it.

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

At our old house, I did knobs on drawers and pulls on doors for the bathroom. It looked fine and worked but I prefer it the opposite. I agree, its what you like and all the same is good or a mix. I don't care for mixed metals but I think mixing glass and metal can look quite nice as AnnieDeighnaugh stated.

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

aimless-we did all pulls in the kitchen, and cabinets open to the kitchen (in the living room) the same but different sizes depending on the size of the drawer/door. I just liked them better and knobs in our prior home seemed to come loose for some reason so I ditched them altogether. I haven't thought twice about it or regretted it at all. I agree that it's a matter of personal preference as mentioned above. You can go either way and be just fine.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

I did all pulls, all 5". I don't like knobs, and like them less as my hands get more arthritic.

• bdslack
    9 years ago

You could always do neither (we did this in our kitchen).

Here is a link that might be useful: Blum Servo Drive

• joyce_6333
    9 years ago

I'm very short, and knobs on lower cabinets catch on my clothing, so I always do pulls. I have bin pulls in my last kitchen and liked them a lot.

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures