Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassenger

Merveille Vivante Small Home

sassenger
11 years ago

Has anyone built this or seen pictures of the inside?

I can not find any.

Thanks!

Comments (28)

• renovator8
    11 years ago

Can you provide a link?

• laxgal
    11 years ago

I love this house plan - you can view it here: http://greatamericandreamhome.com/merveille-vivante-house-plan/

We considered using this plan, but the living area was just a little too small for our needs (we entertain a lot). The plan we are working on now will actually look pretty similar (from the exterior) to the Vida de la Confianza plan by the same designer. I did a quick google search and found the following 3D mock-ups that someone has done of the living room and kitchen:
    http://mydeco.com/3d-design/merveille-vivante/3086082/
    http://mydeco.com/3d-design/merveille-vivante/3087442/
    Sorry, not very helpful...but one of the best investments we made was in a home designer software, so that we could re-create any portion of a plan we saw in order to see a visual of what the interior would look like, and get a feel for the size of the rooms.

• Pat Yancey
    8 years ago

Building it now, as depicted on the web. Detached garage. Patricksethyancey@yahoo.com

• redfoxco
    8 years ago

I love this little house! Here are some photos I came across a while back...

If you look through this blog, you'll find photos of two different homes built from this plan (with a few modifications):

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/feature-friday-a-cottage-in-marietta-rubys-inspiration/

There are also several sets of exterior photos here:

http://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plan-16812WG.asp

• windsorjedi windsorjedi
    8 years ago

@patyancey...do you have any pictures of your home to share?

• Pat Yancey
    8 years ago
    Building it now, just have cleared the land and built the driveway. We are putting the basement in next week. I'll post pictures weekly as I build it.
  • windsorjedi windsorjedi
    8 years ago

@patyancey...awesome, and so exciting!! Just curious if you made any changes to the layout? Did you decide on the walkout basement? Can't wait to see the pictures. We are meeting to discuss this plan with a builder today.

• Pat Yancey
    8 years ago
    Windsorjedi, mine will be a full (non walkout) basement. As depicted in the artist rendition in all of the art work on the houseplans sites. If you would like to email me I would be happy to share the building phases and cost of the project. Patricksethyancey@yahoo.com. I'm trying to keep the house exactly as its pictures in the drawings.
  • Vikki
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

we are building this house on the water in Maine. We are doing ICF with a copper roof and stucco and real stone. We are also closing in the rear, outdoor space with floor to ceiling accordion glass doors! We purchased the plans. Our architect is almost done with modifications. On to the engineer next and then we are off...oh and for us, due to our property...garage is on the lower level of the land.

• Vikki
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Courtyard Villa · More Info

windsorjedi we are almost done with the architect...we made a lot of changes. Our land currently has a 2 story old machine shop on it (there is a slope and 2 levels to our land) the bottom of the machine shop is a 1 car garage and it will be when we build. The top / roof of the garage will end up being an extra side patio where we will have our grill etc. The house itself will be built so if you are on that patio and walk into the house you are entering the laundry / mud room. We also moved the steps to that side of the house. The 2nd bedroom (looking out the back) is being turned into an office / library...by getting rid of the closet we gained 2 1/2 feet. Our upstairs will be finished and become a theater room and a pool room. We are doing a very French / Italian look so the inside walls will be Venetian plaster and we are doing a poured concrete floor which will look like marble with heat in the floor.

• Pat Yancey
    8 years ago

Have the basement done. This is the front right corner viewed from the front of the house

• Pat Yancey
    8 years ago

Inside basement viewed from front right corner. The rebar sticking up will form a "safe room" roof that is depicted as (mech) room.

• Pat Yancey
    8 years ago

10' tall walls/ceiling in the basement, once the a/c-heat duct work is put in, I should have 9' ceilings in the basement. Ill post as the work progresses.

• Colton Broom
    8 years ago

Id definitely like some insite and info on your project, if you dont mind asking!

• Alison Woodcock
    7 years ago

Can you post more photos of the progress on your build? We are going to build this plan.

• Cherie Bloodworth
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We're building this plan now! Check out the pics on Instagram @straightouttacanyon.

We've made a few changes, 10ft ceilings, increased the size to 1600 sq feet, taken the second floor out, and the two smaller upstairs bedrooms will now be dens for my husband and I

@patyancey do post some more pics!!

Here's a picture of the garage we're currently using as a cottage while we build the main house.

• Pat Yancey
    7 years ago

I'll be moving in next week, have a ton of pics on my FB page that are public.

• Cherie Bloodworth
    7 years ago

Wow, @patyancey! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing those pictures. Your home is gorgeous!! Congratulations and good luck with your move!

• 293summer
    7 years ago

Wow, just happened upon this thread. Pat Yancy and Cherie Griffett, homes/garages look awesome! I've seen this plan previously but didn't really give too much of a second glance. These photos are definitely making me reconsider. We're in process of purchasing property to downsize and this has definite possibilities. Cherie, can't wait to see your progress. I would love to know what changes you made to floor plan. Pat, would love, love to see more photos (when you have time between moving and holidays!), particular living/kitchen area. Trying to visualize if I would feel like I was always running into furniture. Congratulations!

• Cherie Bloodworth
    7 years ago

293summer, we too are in the process of downsizing and fell in love with this plan. We'll continue to post pictures on Instagram (straightouttacanyon) and will start putting up videos up once we actually have something to film. If you comment there I can private message you and give you the rundown of our changes, if you're interested.

• 293summer
    7 years ago

I messaged you, Cherie. Thanks!

• Pat Yancey
    6 years ago
    Just loaded a bunch of pics on my page. I'm rarely on here. All of them are on my FB page also. "Pat Yancey" Current profile pic is my guitar in my lap, if you add me shoot
    Me a message telling me the add is for the house. Album name is "Casa Del Yancey"
  • Pat Yancey
    6 years ago
    A few pics of it finished
  • Cherie Bloodworth
    6 years ago
    Pat, the house is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!
  • Pat Yancey
    6 years ago
    Thank you : ) it's not for everyone, but it's exactly how I want it for me.
  • Chris B
    5 years ago

You did an amazing job on it!! Wow!

• Brittney Wilson
    10 months ago

Would to see more photos of this findihed home