Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jairosmom

Trim color

Michelle
9 years ago

Hi all....what color white are you/did you use on your trim? White dove is super popular, but it reads a bit yellow to me and we're using several greys in our home.

Comments (8)

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

We used BM Frostine from the Affinity line.

• AngelaZ
    9 years ago

I used a color called "Natural choice" by Sherwin Williams. It is a beautiful off white that doesn't read yellow to me at all and goes beautifully with the walls in our house that are grey and also goes nicely with the ones that are "relaxed khaki" :)

• HappyValleyHome
    9 years ago

I used BM Simply White...less yellow than White Dove but definately doesn't look cold as I find some of the more blue tone whites. My recessed lighting is the warm white which I think contributes to it looking warmer still. It looks good with my walls which are BM Revere Pewter and BM Quiet Moments. Tile around my fireplace has been completed and it is a mosaic in carrara marble and the whites and grays also blend nicely with the Simply White.

• jdez
    9 years ago

BM Chantilly Lace

• Michelle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone....I guess the decision would be easier if I had not chosen shilohs polar white cabinets. They are a softer white. Do I try to match them?

• jdez
    9 years ago

If it were me, I would try to match the cabinets.

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

michelle-we used shiloh soft white - 1 shade softer yet than polar (that was a tough one between the 2 and I think I would have liked polar just as much). The dealer told me that the soft white was pretty close to white dove. In the end, we took a door in and had our trim paint mixed to match. In reality there is only the window trim that comes close to the cabinets so we likely could have gotten away with choosing something out of a deck but I had serious anxiety over mis-matching whites! I originally was thinking simply white or white dove myself. I think they did a good job with the color match.

Just an FYI - Shiloh will do custom paint for an upcharge. I'm not sure how many cabinets you have but I thought I'd through that out there. We had already splurged enough so we let that one lay, lol.

• Michelle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Autumn....I think I will have the door matched. I'm like you...serious anxiety over this dumb choice. ;).